seventeen

Jisoo returned to the hospital feeling refreshed after taking a break to shower and grab some more of her things at home.  She didn't want to be away from Jennie but she knew that this was going to be a long road and that she would need to keep herself healthy in order to help her girlfriend.  When she walked into the hospital room Jennie was still sleeping.  She looked over to the chair pulled by the bedside.  Lisa was curled up on Chaeyoung and was sleeping as well.  Chaeyoung looked up and gave Jisoo a wink.  Jisoo walked over smiling and kissed Chaeyoung on the forehead.  She settled down in the other chair with a magazine and read quietly.  After about a half hour, one of the machines in the room started beeping and both Jennie and Lisa were roused from their sleep.

Jennie moaned softly and Jisoo jumped up to be by her side.  Lisa looked down to see that she had drooled on Chaeyoung's shirt in her sleep.

"Oh God, that's gross," Lisa said to Chaeyoung, "Sorry."

Chaeyoung just laughed softly as Lisa walked over to grab her a napkin that was left over from Jennie's lunch.  Lisa handed the napkin to Chaeyoung but her attention was on Jennie.  She could see that she was gripping Jisoo's hand tightly as she was waking up.  The machine was still beeping making the whole situation even more irritating.

"Jennie," Lisa said softly, "Are you okay?"

"It really hurts," Jennie answered just as the nurse came into the room and shut off the beeping noise.

"How is your pain?" the nurse asked Jennie immediately.

"It's pretty bad," Jennie answered wincing.

"Let's use the pain scale we talked about, from one to ten where are you?" the nurse asked.

"Eight," Jennie answered.

"Ok, we don't want you to get that high," the nurse answered, "The beeping indicates it is time for another dose of pain medications.  We are extending the time between your meds and trying to find the right amount.  I'm going to let the doctor know that we might need to make an adjustment."

"Thank you," Jennie said.  The nurse checked everything else that was necessary then left the room.

"What time is it?" Jennie asked.

"It's a little after four," Chaeyoung answered as she opened the blinds to let some light into the room, "you and your sister both got a couple hours of sleep."

"Chaeyoung, I don't know how you stayed in that chair with me," Lisa said, "I was really out."

"It felt good all cuddled up with you," Chaeyoung said.

"You really should try not to leave a wet spot, though," Jisoo said, pointing to the drool mark on Chaeyoung's shirt.  Lisa just smirked but Chaeyoung and Jennie laughed loudly.  Jennie's laugh was cut off by the pain in her leg.

"Jisoo, you can't make me laugh like that," Jennie said, though she was still smiling through her discomfort.

Jisoo leaned down and kissed Jennie then said, "I'm sorry you're hurting, babe."

"Mmm, you smell good," Jennie answered.

"I got to go home and freshen up," Jisoo answered, "You guys should take off now and get a break.  Tomorrow morning is still sister time, right?"

"Absolutely," Lisa answered, "We will come by in the morning and I'll stay with Jennie and you and Chaeyoung can go grab some breakfast."

"Sounds perfect," Jisoo said.  Everyone said their goodbyes.  Lisa took a little extra time holding Jennie's hand and comforting her before they left.