⚫Chapter 39⚫

Tuesday, December 18

I opened my eyes to be greeted with a bit of light pouring from outside and into our windows. I then sat up to see that I had been sleeping on Elias. I watched as his chest gently moved up and down making me smile. I guess it did work. And I'm glad it did. I then got up to go brush my teeth and have a shower.

After I was done showering, I wrapped a white towel around me and stepped outside of the bathroom.

Elias sat up in bed rubbing his eyes. His upper torso was exposed which made me stare at him. Once he had noticed me, his eyes immediately met with mine.

"How did you sleep?"

"Good. Uh, thanks for sleeping with me. I mean not like that! But you k-know."

"I know what you mean Elias. And if it helps you sleep when you hold me, then you can hold onto me forever."

His eyes stayed glued to mine as I said those words. What was I? A poet? I internally slapped myself for sounding so sappy.

-

I slipped on a tank top and a pair of black shorts before putting my hair up in a bun.

Elias suddenly stepped out of the bathroom with a pair of shorts on and now shirt.

He then sat in front of the mirror and began to brush his hair.

"Can I brush it?" I asked him as I got up to walk over to him.

"Sure."

I took the brush from his hand and began to brush his hair. It was wet from his shower and it smelled fantastic. "Have you ever thought of cutting your hair?" I asked him.

"Nope. I don't think I ever will," he responded.

"Good, I like your long hair. You can trim it, but don't ever cut it."

"Ok," he said.

After brushing his hair, we were both ready to head downstairs.

"Uh, Elias?"

"Hmm?"

"What did it mean? What you said last night in Latin." I watched as he opened his mouth to respond, but then immediately close it.

"What was it?" I asked.

"I'll tell you another day. Bring your blood box, let's go downstairs."

-

"Good morning love birds," Jasper excitedly said as we both joined the long breakfast table. Roman sat at the head of the table with Isidora at his side. I looked at Nathan to see him roll his eyes.

"Morning," I responded. I took a seat next to Nathan and Elias took a seat next to me. "How was your night?" Isidora asked us.

"Good, thanks," I said. I placed my hand over Elias' under the table and squeezed it. He squeezed it back which made me smile. As I began to remove my hand from his, he stopped me from doing so and held onto it tighter. I turned to look at him as he stared at me. I smiled before turning to talk to Nathan.

"How was your night?" I asked.

"Good. I was so damn tired," he responded.

"You?" I asked Jasper.

"Great."

Suddenly the doors opened and people carrying trays of food walked in.

"Alright, guys. Breakfast is served!" Roman exclaimed.

Nathan and Jasper immediately piled food onto their plate as soon as the trays were set onto the table. Bacon, eggs, sausage, ham, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, French toast, and fruits were being served. "I am starving!" Jasper said before stuffing bacon into his mouth.

Everyone started eating leaving me there staring into space.

"Leilani, are you going to drink your blood?" Roman asked.

"Uh, I can drink later. It's ok..."

"Nonsense, drink up. You must be thirsty."

It was true I was pretty thirsty. "Um, where's your kitchen?" I asked.

"Ah, it's near the hall of Alphas. Do you need anything?" Isidora asked.

"Well, I have this box with my blood supply in it. It's actually very tiny," I replied while picking it up from the table. "All I have to do is place it in water for twenty seconds and then it expands."

"That is epic! Here I'll show you to the kitchen," she said before getting up. I took my tiny box and followed Isidora out of the room.

"It's down this hallway right here," she said as we walked past the hall of Alphas. She pushed through the double doors and we both stepped in. It was huge. "We have two kitchens in this castle. This is our main one," she said as we walked over towards the sinks.

There were several people in the kitchen still preparing food. "Here's a bowl. Do your thing!"

"Thanks." I filled the bowl with water and placed my tiny box in it. After I placed it on the floor just in case it grew really big in size. After waiting for about twenty seconds, the box grew great in size. I pressed the top of the box and it opened to reveal many packets of blood. There was enough to last me for two weeks.

"That is so cool!" Isidora exclaimed.

"Yeah, it really is." I bent down to pick up two packets of blood before closing the box.

"You are more than welcome to leave it here in the kitchen. The kitchen doors are usually locked but I'll get you a key. Don't worry!"

"Aw, thank you!"

"No problem. We should probably head back now. You can place your box in the pantry over there," she suggested.

After doing so, we exited the kitchen and began to walk back to the room.

"Um, Leilani. There's something I need to tell you and your friends today. It will be hard to grasp, but it is very important."

Was it something bad? My stomach churned hearing her say those words.

"I'll tell you guys later."