Chapter 1

Chapter 1

●●●

It all started in High school, when everyone else suddenly grew two heads taller and Taehyung didn't. His body didn't go through the weird changes puberty inflicted on everyone else. He still looked like he could be fresh out of elementary school.

Not that he was bothered by it. He loved the attention. Girls shared their meals with him, boys carried him around to show off their strength and because it was funny. Even teachers treated him nicer than most of the other boys in his class, because he seemed just so innocent.

And the best part to it all was his personal bodyguard, Jeon Jungkook. A boy with a sweet bunny smile and muscles that should not be found on a freshman. Taehyung was everyone's baby. If someone dared saying something bad about him, they were faced with the wrath of Jeon Jungkook.

Maybe he should have felt bad about not being treated like an equal. But it really just didn't bother him. He loved being showered in such a pure form of love and affection. Also, he might have had a teeny-weeny tiny crush on Jungkook. He'd blush whenever the boy talked to him, kept glancing at his face whenever they did their homework together. But he was happy with the way it was.

It was all perfect. Until senior year came and 17-year-old Taehyung, still baby-faced and never having had to deal with any problems, had to move, due to his parents' divorce. Everything went downhill. His mother took him to a different city called Daegu and he was homeschooled for his last year. He didn't even get a chance to say his goodbyes to everyone, since it happened during summer break.

Taehyung didn't even realize his face and body were changing until he noticed the way people on the street were looking at him differently. Girls were checking him out openly, making his skin crawl. He did not like this kind of attention at all.

His voice started breaking a lot, but no matter how long he waited he felt like it didn't stop. His voice always sounded hoarse. Too deep for his comfort. No matter how hard he tried. He never really felt comfortable in his skin.

Ten years later

"I swear Jungkook, if you make one more dad joke, I'm going to jump off a cliff or something. I already have Jin. This is by no means fair revenge for using your hairspray as a flame thrower." Soyeon complained, pushing the hair out of her face. She got out of the car, taking a deep breath before glancing around the area.

They were near their old campus, a small wood they used to throw small parties or meet with some friends at. Looking back at Jungkook she couldn't help but smile at how much Jungkook's eyes were glittering. "Looking forward to seeing him that much?"

"Of course I do. Gosh, I really look forward to being able to squish those small cheeks again. What do you think he looks like now? Maybe he has grown a bit." It was more than obvious that Jungkook was thrilled.

"Don't expect too much. Usually guys who take this long to hit puberty end up with some a bit questionable features." She warned him, but Jungkook simply shook his head, smiling.

"I don't care how he looks now. He's my Taehyungie." Jungkook muttered, sure of himself.

Soyeon nodded before pushing him towards the entrance of the small wooden restaurant. The moment he entered the room he spotted a bunch of familiar faces. Jaemin, who had been the one to arrange this meet up in the first place, greeted them with a friendly smile on his lips. "Hey, Kooks, Soyeon." He nodded politely. "I would love to talk to you, but I have to go talk to the manager for now. We can talk later." He looked around. "Right now most are here and waiting for their drinks but some are in the garden talking. Yuqi and Rejun can't come, sadly."