Chapter 2

Chapter 2

●●●

"I hate this." Jungkook stated, taking a sip from his drink, watching as grown ass adults kept throwing a small ball around, playing games they hadn't played in forever. Back then Jungkook used to lift Taehyung up to his shoulders, since the boy was too small to reach out to the ball. Now he was jumping around on his own, giggling when he bumped shoulders with his teammates.

"You know. He seems pretty normal to me. Aside from the fact that he has totally become boyfriend material he doesn't seem all that different. I mean, look at that." Jimin pointed at Taehyung, who just got lifted into the air bridal style by Jaehyun. He didn't seem opposed at all, laughing and wrapping his arms around the other's neck.

"He seems different though. He used to blush all the time for example. I haven't seen him blush even once." Jungkook stated, trying to point out what exactly was bothering him. He wasn't even that sure himself.

"Correction. He used to blush all the time when he was around you and you pretty much showed him the cold shoulder earlier." The boy sighed, drinking up before climbing out from behind the table. "I have no idea why you decide to be this gloomy, but I am going to have fun." With those words Jimin joined a game of piggy in the middle.

Murmuring something about how Jimin was a shitty friend Jungkook leant back in his seat. He wasn't being weird, right? Taehyung had changed. After all, why hadn't he tried contacting Jungkook before leaving school. This wasn't just about his looks changing. There was no way he could still be the guy Jungkook had liked so much.

The evening went by quicker than expected and some of them had to leave due to getting home to their partners or being tired. The group got smaller and smaller until it was only Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung, five girls and two other guys. They were sitting around the table. Taehyung on the opposite end of the table. A girl and Soyeon each sitting by his sides, smiling happily, maybe even flirting judging by the way they kept touching his arms legs and even face. Taehyung didn't show any signs of discomfort.

"So, everything is sadly nearing an end but I'd really like to give out one last round of drinks. Jaemin explained. "Take whatever you want. It's all on me." Jungkook ordered on last beer while Taehyung went for a bit of a heavier cocktail.

Their drinks arrived and the mood was light, aside from the tension that seemed to build up by the minute between Jungkook and Taehyung. Jungkook watched as Taehyung finished his drink before leaning near Soyeon, whispering something into her ear, to which she nodded and smiled brightly.

Unexpectedly Taehyung got up from his seat and walked towards Jungkook. "Hey there again, Minnie. Would it be alright if I sat down next to Kook for a bit?" His voice was soft, but not familiar. Before Jungkook could say anything, the girl got up and moved to Taehyung's seat, who now carefully dropped down next to Jungkook, who looked away like he hadn't noticed Taehyung sitting down next to him.

"You're an asshole. You know that?" Wow, great way to start a conversation. Jungkook huffed, now finally making eye contact with a slightly irritated looking Taehyung. "I was really looking forward to seeing you again. Apparently, that wasn't the case with you."

Jungkook clicked his tongue, staring the handsome male down. Taehyung never would have talked to him like this. "I did look forward to seeing you. Just, now that I have seen you, not so much anymore."

A pained look contorted Taehyung's face for a second, but he quickly caught himself again. "Is that so? May I ask why?" There it was. The Taehyung Jungkook used to know never got into a fight. Was incapable of standing up for himself. And here he was now, confronting Jungkook in a low almost growling tone.

"You changed." Jungkook simply stated. He had no idea since when he had become such an asshole. It was probably due to disappointment, but even Jungkook was aware that he was being unreasonable. Who was he to judge Taehyung for changing? He just felt sad... and ended up being mean.

"Wow, how unexpected. You changed too. A lot." Jungkook was about to deny, but from Taehyung's point of view he was right, so he just shrugged his shoulders.

An angry scowl on his face Taehyung got up from the seat. "I'm leaving. It was nice seeing you guys again. If anyone wants to meet up, you can get my contact info from Minnie. I had a lot of fun, so seriously, thanks." He smiled into the group before quickly leaving the restaurant.

"Does he have an appointment or why did he leave this quickly?" Jaemin asked confused, watching the door fall closed behind Taehyung.

Jimin shrugged his shoulders, sending a short glance towards Jungkook, who just stared at the ground. God, he felt childish.

"You know you were being unreasonably mean towards Taehyung today?" Soyeon confronted him as they got into their car.

"The only reason you are defending him is because you have the hots for him." Jungkook muttered, twisting his car key, staring straight forward.

"What? No! What the hell Jungkook?!" She yelled and Jungkook ran his hand over his ear as if it was hurting.

"If not, why did you flirt with him that much? I mean, anyone would have been able to tell." Jungkook grumbled and Soyeon sighed exaggeratedly. "You really are being an asshole. No wonder Taehyung left." She made a short pause. "Taehyung's gay. He told all of us straight up when a girl asked whether or not he had a girlfriend. Like, 100% I'd never try anything with a girl, gay. We were treating him the way we used to back in High school, you know. Apart from his looks he hasn't changed at all. Once you are aware of it, it's totally obvious that he's the same guy. He still has that same bubbliness to him. You are the one acting weird."

Jungkook turned away, not willing to admit that maybe Soyeon was right. Maybe he was the one acting weird.

After another ten minutes of silence Jungkook finally spoke again. "How is he? How is his life going?"

Soyeon relaxed in her seat, smiling, glad that Jungkook seemed to come back to his senses.

"He said he's doing fine. Something about being pretty successful but tired and lonely. He misses old times. Especially you." Soyeon explained and Jungkook couldn't help but smile a bit. He does too.

"Also, he is obviously so gay for you."

"Oh, shut up." Jungkook groaned and ran his hand through his hair. "Totally not after today."

"You were super weird. Like douche level weird. What the hell happened? Also, I am totally getting his number for you. You have to talk to him. He probably thinks it's because of the way he looks."

"I'm not sure if I want to talk to him. What if I go into asshole mode again? And apart from that, why would he think that?" Jungkook muttered, coming to a halt at a red light.

"What other reason would there be? He's... nevermind. Just talk to him. And be nice."

A/N

What? I said I'd post in three day? Pfff no? You're hearing things.

I'm totally on time and it's not just been one day... not at all.

 not at all