The Wayne Family

~ The Wayne Family ~

Jason would never admit it, Dick knew, smiling at his younger siblings. Hell, Tim wouldn't either. Damian and Bruce especially wouldn't. He could barely believe any of them had done this to begin with. This was- entirely- a once in a lifetime experience.

And that was why he had to take a picture.

Don't you understand? He HAD to.

Jason's form was scrunched over next to the bed, by Daire's slumbering form. Tim had dragged the chair over and fall asleep on the other side of the bed, his back arched awkwardly. His book closed and set aside, hand over Damian, as if reaching towards Daire. Daire had many nightmares over the night, so he probably helped soothed her through one, Dick concluded, smirking in awe.

This whole thing was just too darn cute!

And Bruce- Bruce just made this all the more urgent. Bruce, once sitting at the edge of the bed by his blood son, was now draped across the foot of the bed. A place only made possible by the duo's small frames in the large bed. His knees bent over the edge, letting his feet dangle and gently scruff the floor. One arm was thrown lazily above his head, his face was right next to Daire's feet.

Alfred dutifully passed the camera to Dick, a steady but small smile gracing his aged features.

Dick held it up, waited for it to focus, and captured the amazing sight.

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

In hindsight, not checking if the flash turned on or off was a grave mistake.

His family, the Bat family, full of light sleepers, woke at the sudden change in lighting, bolting in upright positions. Dick managed a slightly blurry but overall decent picture of all the sleepy heads sat upright, staring at him.

Of course, then they gathered their wits and bolted for him. He slipped the camera into Alfred's possession as he started to run, sliding the first camera out of his gloved hands.

Alfred made no move to indicate the switch, keeping his perfect posture as the rest of the family chased after Dick, scrambling over the bed and each other in the process.

Jason had hopped on the bed, walking over Daire and Damian. Tim and Bruce were halfway to the door, eyes twitching at the pound Jason made on the floor. He easily caught up to Tim, throwing the smaller boy into Bruce and slowing them both down. Jason rocketed passed, determined to get to Dick first.

"Dick!"

Bruce's firm hands went to Tim's shoulder, keeping him from stumbling over. He didn't wait to see if the boy was okay, though, leaving him at the doorway while shouting, "Jason! Dick!"

Damian, the small devil, darted passed a dazed Tim. "Grayson!"

Daire stayed in bed, alert but smiling softly. Her sparkling eyes drifted over the now empty spots her family had slept in. They had stayed with her throughout the night.

"Did you sleep well, Miss Daire?" Alfred asked, pleasantly.

Daire nodded. Alfred didn't hear, but he knew she whispered a quiet, "Yes," by lip reading.

He smiled in kind. The words, "I'm glad," came out in a light tone, his posture relaxing yet still formal. A moment passed, followed by a loud crashing clang and threatening shouts.

Daire giggled, eyes now at the door; Alfred sighed, glaring at the door.

"Alfred?" a whisper sounded.

His attention turned back to the girl. "Yes?"

Hesitantly, she held her arms out. "H- Hug?"

His eyes widened at the unusual question. The Bat family wasn't known for such direct and sentimental affections. But he relaxed once more, stepping forward to wrap the child in a warm hug.