Chapter Nine-A picnic?

A/N this song doesn't have much to do with the chapter but this cover is amazing and one of my favourite covers by Our last night (their blank space one is also amazing).

To the story...
——————
After coming home from the party I walked to my room slightly stumbling along the way. Getting into my comfy pyjamas I went to sleep before my parents wake up and see me in this state.

***

Though I hadn't thought I'd drunk that much I woke up with sharp pains coursing through my head. Showering and getting dressed in some black jeans and a black vest top with a blue flannel top like a jacket, I made my way downstairs and straight into the kitchen. Taking a glass out the cupboard I filled it up with cool water to try to help sooth my throbbing headache. With my water I swallowed two Paracetamol to try to get rid of my headache punishing me for all the drinking I did last night.

Even though it was a Saturday my dad had to work and mum went out leaving my brother and I alone in the house. From downstairs I can hear my brother listening to the band 'Our last night' which is also one of my favourite bands although the loud noise didn't help my head.

Getting out my phone I looked at the overly bright screen to see that I have a text.

After turning the screen brightness down I read the text over and over again.

Hey it's Blair, I know it's random and kind of forward by do you want to maybe meet up sometime?

I literally screamed.

Not knowing what to do or what to reply I was freaking out. Marcus came running downstairs.

"Are you okay?!" He exclaimed but when he saw how big I was smiling his expression was perplexed.

"Wait... I know that smile it's the 'I'm texting my crush' smile," he said with a smirk.

I looked at him blankly, how could he tell? Over than the fact that I just screamed from excitement.

"You know I'll never understand why girls scream from excitement," he said sitting down next to me on the sofa "So, what did she say?"

I passed him my phone not being able to stop smiling.

"Say yes. If you want to."

"I can't just say yes!" I exclaimed rolling my eyes.

"Why not?" He asked curiously.

"When you ask a girl out and they don't text right away it's because they don't want to seem eager," I replied putting my hand on my forehead sighing frustrated.

"You know considering she knows that because she's probably waiting for you to do that, and from experience I know that the other person is just nervous and worrying about the answer."

"Maybe I should just reply to her," I said looking at the screen of my phone.

"Good idea," Marcus retorted smirking.

I took my phone back from Marcus and went back to staring at the screen.

"Just text back yes and a emoji," he said rolling his eyes.

"Hmmm... Okay," I replied giving in. Looking at the screen I started to type, i replied with a simple:

Yes :)

Straight away the little typing bubbles appeared on the screen saying:

It's a date.

As soon as my mind registered that message I felt butterflies in my stomach and am overjoyed with excitement. I grinned widely and got up to do a victory dance.

"I'll never understand you," Marcus said shaking his head getting up and going to his room.

***

The rest of the day went by slowly. I got a call from April asking if we could meet up at the park close by.

As it's Autumn I opted to wear some leggings and a lose grey long-sleeved jumper with a denim jacket that has faux fur on the inside. After I got changed I put my brown hair in a ponytail and curled the ends.

The doorbell rang so I rushed downstairs to open the door. April is standing there with a wicker picnic basket hung in the crook of her arm.

"Hey!" She exclaimed with a bright smile.

"Hi, are we going on a picnic?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes," she said simply and before I could reply she was dragging my arm out the door.

The sunset hangs perfectly over the lake creating a orange glow lighting up the place. April went to a spot by the lake by a tree so the branches would be above us.

"This is nice." April said sitting down and getting the food out.

Handing me a sandwich I smile but still hand that slight uneasy feeling that was there when I saw her after Blair had kissed me.

"So, you and Blair huh?" she asked still rummaging around in the basket of food, she got out some strawberries and also some chocolate sauce.

Shuffling uncomfortably by how quickly she asked that question I looked down at the food in my hands "I don't know."

"You must know something, anyway there's this guy I met at the party he is really cute and I think he's into me."

"Really, who?" I ask curiously.

"Gareth! He kissed me... yes he was a little drunk at the time but I really think we hand a connection," She responded waving her arms about trying to do gestures of how they met.

"Okay..." My mind went back to that night where he seemed more than a little drunk and kissed me, 'should I tell her? No.' My mind debated.

***

We carried on eating and talking, April was twisting her hair and biting her lip nervously. She went closer and closer to me to quick to know what was happening.

She kissed me. April is kissing me! But she likes Gareth!

--------

Thank you so much if you have read this part.

:)