Broken

Hi folks, I really appreciate your support but unfortunately, I have some bad news for you. Don't worry, I'm not abandoning this book, hell no, I just need few weeks to collect my thoughts. I've been spending too much time on my phone lately and I really need to spend some more time with my family. During this time, I'll write chapters, but I won't post them. Sorry.

Hope you aren't too mad about this. Love you all.

~~~~~~

'NASA, 264' who would put those words as a lottery number? Danny was always a curious person and it didn't let his sleep. There must have been something, something he missed. NASA was a US space organization. When Danny was smaller, he always dreamed that he would be an astronaut, flying for NASA. What was the number for? Map coordinates? A date?

The thought didn't get off of Danny's mind for a long time. It was around 11 PM, the Waynes were on a patrol and he should have been in bed. The halfa got up from his bed to stretch his back and legs a little. As he walked around his bedroom, he got a crazy idea.

There was a NASA book, around 300 pages long, lying on his shelf. What if it was a book and it's page? Danny examines the shelf and nothing was out of order. He took his NASA book from the shelf and turned it in his hands. The book had a small gap between its pages, one that shouldn't be there. When Danny opened the his book, it was page 264. An envelope was stuck between two pages, being nicely sealed with a stamp. He carefully opened the list and looked at it. A simple white paper with black ink.

Greetings Daniel Fenton,

or should we call you Phantom? It is our pleasure to deliver you this message. It would be a great honor if a powerful being such as you joined our forces.

We apologize for the secrecy but we couldn't let Batman know. If you share this information with them, we'll know and it won't be pretty.

If you decide to become a part of the league, just tell your friend, Ryan White.

Join us or forever regret your decision.

~The League of Shadows

What shocked Danny the most was the fact that Ryan was a part of this. He wasn't too concerned about his identity being spilled, or the fact that they knew everything about him. The halfa felt betrayed. Was he being used by Ryan the whole time? Was he just a figure in his game? Now it made sense why Damian didn't like him. He remembered him from his assassin days.

"Hmm... ruling the world sounds nice. Of course, after I burn it down." The ghost mused.

"Is it weird when I think that you are the only one telling me the truth these days?" Danny asked saddened. The duo talked together more since today and suddenly, Danny had the urge to share his problems with Dan. It was a forced relationship but Dan was still with him, listening to him.

"Why don't you join them then?"

"I can't betray them! I... I... I don't know." Danny sobbed into his pillow. Since Jason wasn't around much, he grew attached to his pillow. He was constantly under so much pressure coming from school, the Waynes, Dan and many more that he needed emotional support which was his pillow.

"If Jazzy was here." The halfa whispered and cried into his pillow until he fell asleep from exhaustion. Luckily, it was Friday so he didn't need to wake up early for school the following day. Danny woke up to sunlight, something he hasn't done in a long time. He wasn't too eager to face his family right now, so he stayed in his room.