twenty-five

A couple of weeks later the four women found themselves riding to town together to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was Wednesday evening. Minzy had asked that they come up the night before so that they could all prepare the meal together. Jennie and Lisa had been hesitant but were both happily persuaded by how excited both Chaeyoung and Jisoo were about the holiday. They pulled up to the home around 7:00. The sun was just beginning to set and the sky was a beautiful shade of pink. The women all got out and were grabbing their bags from the trunk when Minzy came walking quickly down the front steps to give everyone hugs.

"My girls," Minzy said happily as she made her way first to Jennie, "I'm so happy to see you all. Dad's in the back pulling some food off the grill for us to eat before we start all the preparations for tomorrow."

Minzy hugged all of them and grabbed Jennie's bag. Jennie was still using her cane but Minzy noticed that she was walking much easier.

"Jen, you look like you are doing great," Minzy said.

"The last month has been really much better, mom," Jennie said, "The physical therapist says I might be able to lose the cane pretty soon. I'm still limping but I'm starting to finally feel like I might actually recover from this thing."

"Oh, honey, that's wonderful," Minzy said, "Why don't you girls get settled upstairs. You can fight among yourselves for the extra rooms."

"How about first one up gets to choose," Lisa said, smiling at Jennie.

"Ok, that's just mean," Jennie said, "And at Thanksgiving, too."

Suddenly Jisoo looked at Jennie and smiled and started running toward the house. Lisa realized what she was doing and took off after her. Jisoo had been to their house before. She knew that there were two bedrooms upstairs – one had a queen sized bed and the other had two twins across the room from one another.

"Go, Jideuk," Jennie yelled, "you've got this!" Lisa was sprinting to try to catch up to Jisoo. Chaeyoung just stood outside doubled over laughing.
(if you didn't witness jennie calling jisoo jideuk on their comeback live, you really missed out)

"Oh my gosh, Jennie," Minzy said, laughing, "I think you have found the perfect match."

Minzy, Jennie and Chaeyoung made their way into the den. Lisa and Jisoo were coming back downstairs. Jisoo had a huge grin on her face. Lisa was trying to look mad but she couldn't hide her grin.

"We got the twin beds," she said to Chaeyoung.

"It's your own fault," Chaeyoung said teasingly, "your strategy was truly awful. You didn't pay any attention to your flank and you gave away your plan."

"From now on I'll leave the warfare to you," Lisa said as she walked behind Chaeyoung and wrapped her arms around her.

Jennie walked over to Jisoo and pulled her in for a kiss, "My hero!" she said to everyone's laughter.

"You know I wasn't going to let Lisa get away with that," Jisoo said, smiling.

"Seems like you've become like a second big sister," Minzy said, "Jennie never let Lisa beat her at anything. I swear I've never known a more competitive person. If somehow Lisa beat Jennie at a game or a race or whatever Jennie would sulk around for hours."

"Luckily it only happened maybe once or twice," Jennie said and Lisa just shook her head laughing.

Daesung walked into the room from the back porch. He was wearing an apron and still had the barbeque tongs in his hand.

"It sounds like a riot in here," he said smiling, "Welcome home girls."

"Yes, honey," Minzy said to Daesung, "I feel like we have welcomed four teenagers home. They were racing to claim bedrooms."