twenty-six

Chaeyoung, Jennie and Daesung sat in the den relaxing with some wine. Minzy and Jisoo were finishing setting the table and preparing the dining room. Lisa was finishing up in the kitchen. She spent the day making the fresh cranberry sauce, creamed spinach and roasted pearl onions. The turkey was in the oven and the smells filling the house were making everyone's mouths water. Lisa walked into the den just as they all heard knocking at the door.

"BamBam!" Lisa said as she opened the door to welcome him in.

"Hey, PokPak," BamBam said, walking in to the den hand in hand with a petite black haired woman. Everyone stood to welcome them as Minzy and Jisoo came in from the dining area.

"Guys, this is Myoui Mina," BamBam said as he introduced everyone. Mina had a big smile and seemed right from the start to have a bubbly, warm personality. "And I made these for everyone," BamBam added, "I figured we wouldn't need any more food for today so these are for whenever." BamBam pulled out some small beautifully packaged macarons and handed them out to everyone.

"Thanks so much for having me," Mina said to everyone.

"We are glad you two could make it, and these look wonderful, BamBam" Minzy said, "Would you like some wine? The turkey should be out in about an hour so we were all going to relax for a little bit."

"Let's go out back to the porch," Jennie suggested, "It's so nice out."

They all went out and settled down with their wine. Lisa took Chaeyoung's hand and sat them next to BamBam and Mina.

"So Mina, BamBam said you weren't able to make it home," Lisa said, "where are you from?"

"I'm from Japan," Mina said, "my family is all back there. I'm going to spend Christmas there but it was too hard to get enough vacation days to make it worthwhile to spend the money to go this week. I Facetimed earlier today. I'm mostly bummed because my brother's baby arrived a few months ago and I've only seen her once. I can't wait to get back for Christmas."

"I get it," Lisa said, "I was in New York for a few years before I moved back and I had to work a lot of holidays. It was hard being away."

"What do you do?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I'm a nuclear physicist," Mina answered. Daesung and Minzy both perked up.

"Where do you work?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Department of Energy," Mina answered.

"Are you in 24?" Jennie said, referring to the slang address used for one of the downtown government office buildings that was just down the block from the FBI building.

"Yep," Mina said, "I only missed the shooting by about five minutes. You're a legend now, Jennie. I'm really trying not to fangirl meeting you today."

They all laughed as it was clear that Mina was really excited meeting Jennie.

"And you too, Ms. Park," Mina said happily, "I'm just amazed by the products that are coming out of YG Corp."

"That's nice, Mina," Chaeyoung said, "But if you call me Ms. Park again this is going to be a very short relationship. Just call me Chaeyoung, Chaeng, or Rosie."

"We are all a very casual group, Mina," Daesung said, "first name basis only here."

"Ok, sounds good," Mina said, smiling widely. Lisa smiled at BamBam. Mina really was an immediately likeable person.

Chaeyoung, Mina, Daesung and Minzy proceeded to spend the next half hour talking about science. Every now and then the others would add a comment but the conversation was really mostly out of their knowledge zones. The scientists were clearly enjoying themselves thoroughly. A timer went off and Minzy and Lisa jumped up to go check the turkey. A few minutes later they called everyone in for dinner.