twenty-nine

Jennie sat down at Noonan's a few minutes early for her Sunday sister time with Lisa.  Her phone vibrated and she wondered if it was Lisa before seeing that it was a text from Jisoo.  She had only left Jisoo a few minutes ago at her place.  She opened the text to see it was just a heart emoji.  She smiled softly.

"What are you smiling about?" Lisa asked, startling Jennie.

"It's just a text from Jisoo," Jennie said, "I already ordered for us."

"Great," Lisa said, sitting down, "So how was the big weekend?"

"It was perfect," Jennie said, "And I've got some news.  Jisoo and I are going to start looking for a place to move in together."

"Jennie, that's great!" Lisa said, "I figured you guys were headed in that direction.  Where are you guys going to go?"

"Well, we decided to stay in my neighborhood," Jennie said, "It's a little bit farther from work for Jisoo but still not a bad commute at all.  And honestly we are both more comfortable in the gayer part of town."

"You know, I'm thinking that when I'm ready to open up my next place I want to be in that area," Lisa said, "Something way less formal than Gureum.  Maybe like a smaller, funky neighborhood kind of diner."

"That sounds great," Jennie said, "I didn't know you were already planning for a second place."

"Well, I'm not quite ready yet," Lisa said, "It's just more of an idea swimming around in my head.  And, speaking of ideas, I'm a little stressed about Christmas with Chaeyoung."

"Why?" Jennie asked.

"I mean, what am I supposed to get her?" Lisa said, "She's got everything a person could ever need and money to buy anything she could ever want.  I've been racking my brain and I just don't know what to get."

"Lisa, what does she love more than anything?" Jennie asked.

"I don't know," Lisa whined.

"You, you idiot," Jennie said, laughing, "What she wants is you.  Why don't you plan to take a long weekend off of work and take her somewhere.  Put the plans together in a cute little package. Talk to Jisoo to figure out her work schedule and book a place.  Give her a long weekend of you.  The place we just went was perfect - there are a bunch of places right along the coast."

"That's a really good idea, actually," Lisa said.

"You don't have to sound so surprised," Jennie said laughing, "I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff."

"So what are you getting Jisoo?" Lisa asked.

"We talked about Christmas this weekend and agreed we are not doing any big gifts," Jennie said, "We just gave each other really nice presents this weekend and we would rather spend money on apartment stuff.  Really, finding the apartment together is our big gift to one another."

"That makes sense," Lisa said, "How did she like the necklace?"

"She loved it and she gave me some beautiful earrings," Jennie said, smirking "I'm not sure she loved the necklace as much as the incredible vacation sex, though."

"TMI, Jennie," Lisa said, laughing.

"I'm just saying, if it's Chaeyoung's Christmas present you better bring out the big guns," Jennie said grinning.

"My guns are just fine," Lisa said, giggling, "We don't need any help in that department, but I am going to take your advice on the trip.  That's a perfect gift."

•••

Chaeyoung walked into the small Mediterranean café to find Lisa waiting for her for lunch on Monday.  She loved how Lisa's face lit up in a huge smile when she saw Chaeyoung.  She walked over and gave her a quick kiss before sitting down.