thirty-one

Lisa did have to make one concession in her trip planning with Chaeyoung– she let her drive. Lisa figured there was no point making Chaeyoung sit white knuckled for two hours while she drove along the cliffs overhanging the ocean. Chaeyoung wasn't going to enjoy the view all nervous anyway. Chaeyoung pulled up to Lisa's building at exactly ten. Lisa had everything they would need for the long weekend waiting in the lobby. They put her bags and ice chests into the trunk.

"Ok, where to?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Hang on, let me get my Bluetooth set up for the music first," Lisa said smirking, "All country for the next couple of hours, right?"

"I'm so happy right now even two hours of country music couldn't depress me," Chaeyoung answered laughing.

Lisa got her music set up and started a playlist she made for the ride. It was all upbeat pop music and she felt like a teenager as it began playing. She couldn't stop smiling.

"Ok, just go to the coast highway and head north," Lisa said. Chaeyoung sat looking at her for a moment then leaned over and pulled Lisa into a sloppy kiss. When she pulled back she grinned widely at Lisa, put the car in gear and started driving.

They drove along chatting and singing when a song they both liked came up on the playlist and just having a carefree morning. After about an hour and a half later Lisa told Chaeyoung to get off at the next exit. Chaeyoung had no idea where they were. She had never really driven very far north of Seoul. They left the main highway and followed a smaller highway for a couple of miles and they turned off onto a smaller road. The road swerved right along the edge of the bluffs and Chaeyoung was glad she was driving. Lisa directed her around a bend until she caught sight of their first destination. They turned into the restaurant parking lot. The waterfront restaurant up on the bluff had a beautiful view. Lisa gave her name to the host and he sat them at a table right on the edge of the balcony.

"This place is beautiful, Lis," Chaeyoung said.

"I've been wanting to take the drive just to come eat here one day," Lisa answered, "So when I planned the trip I figured we would head in this direction."

Chaeyoung glanced up and realized that the young woman approaching the table was wearing a chef's coat. Lisa immediately smiled warmly.

"Chef Manoban?" she asked.

"That's me," Lisa said smiling and reaching up to shake her hand, "Lisa, please."

"I'm Park Jihyo, I'm the chef here," she said, "When I saw the reservations today I was hoping it would be you, even though I'm nervous now. I'm just so excited to meet you. You really are my idol. I ate at Gureum one time and it was amazing. I mean, it's a little out of my price range for regular meals. Oh gosh, I'm rambling." Chaeyoung and Lisa both laughed at her nervous excitement. There were so few women chefs in the industry that Lisa understood just how she felt. It was how she felt the first time she got to meet Sandara Park.

"It's great to meet you Jihyo," Lisa said, "This is my girlfriend, Chaeyoung."

"Holy shit, your girlfriend is Park Chaeyoung?" Jihyo said, clearly startled but excited. Lisa laughed loudly. She was used to cursing in her profession. She was also used to people just saying what they thought. The restaurant kitchen was as basic a place as existed.

"Now I've got two idols out on my balcony," Jihyo said, "this is a really big day for me. My mom's going to blow a gasket when I tell her I got to feed you two today. She was a feminist before it was cool."

"Wanna take a pic and send it to her?" Lisa asked smiling.

"Seriously, ya'll are ok with that?" she asked.