reunite pt. 2.

tears filled kaycee's eyes as she sat up in the bed, grabbing hold of the covers until it went away. a sob slipped from her mouth, she tried to cover it in the process, but nothing could
silence her pain.

" it's okay, you're okay." sean whispered into her ear as he pulled her into his arms. "you're okay, kaycee. no one is going to hurt you."

sean woke up to the heartbreaking sobs, fear clouded his mind as he ran up the stairs as fast as he possibly could. he swung the door open revealing kaycee, sitting up with her knees pulled into her chest. her body shook with each yelp of pain, and her hands covered the swollen eyes that showcased the emotional distraught she was suffering from.

minutes passed as kaycee began to gain control of herself again, her breathing evened out and the tears dried leaving stains on her cheeks. she laid against sean's chest, her small figure still trembling. "i'm sorry."

"sorry for what?"

"for coming here, uninvited. i came here after years of not being in contact and i come back with all my problems that you have to deal with now. i can leave, sean. i can find somewhere else to go. i don't want to be a burden, not again."

"you will always be invited here. you are my family, kaycee. no matter what happened years ago, your home will always be here. you're not a burden. you never were and never will be."

" i don't want to hurt you again, sean."

" it's okay, kaycee. you're worth hurting for." sean murmured as he softly pulled her chin up.
" as many years as it's been, i can't help but still be in love with you."

kaycee wrapped her legs around his waist, sliding over to look him in the face. kaycee's hand gently planted on the side of his crimson cheek, even in the darkness of the night, she could still see the blush that kissed his cheeks.

sean inched closer, playing with the strand of hair that loosely fell from her bun. he could see the pain that filled her eyes, the things that she has gone through not only happen to her, but they become a part of her. a part that will always remain there as much as she tries to disguise it.

his finger gently swiped across her bruised lip, causing her to pull back slightly, he shot her an apologetic smile as he pressed his lips inches away from her mouth.

kaycee softly smiled in response before placing a gentle kiss on his lips, despite the pain it caused her.

sean knew it was painful for her. not only physically but also emotionally.

she just escaped an abusive and manipulative relationship of five years, she was trying to be strong, but he knew kaycee, he saw through the mask she wore.

"sean- can you stay, please. " kaycee whispered as her eyes fell down to the sheets.

"of course, kaycee. i'm always going to be here." sean smiled as he crawled under the blankets with her. "no matter how long it takes for you to be okay again, i'm always going to be by your side."

kaycee stared into sean's eyes, one last time before she drifted off to sleep, and for a second, just a second, the pain went away.

A COUPLE MONTHS LATER

kaycee woke up to kisses being placed all over her face, she smiled as she opened her eyes to see sean's goofy smile. " well good morning to you too." kaycee whispered as she pressed her lips against his.

"i have to head down to our studio to get ready for your comeback to weirdo wednesday video, so i'll see you for lunch, okay?"

"yeah sure! i'll see you soon." she said as she gave him a peck on the cheek.

kaycee got up from the bed, scavenging through her drawer for clothes. she stripped
out of her pajamas as she stepped under the warm water.

kaycee finished her shower, pulling the shirt over her head as she heard footsteps downstairs, " it sounds like sean finished early." kaycee thought as she slipped on her shorts and opened the door.

"sean?" kaycee called out as she walked down the stairs. "why are you home so early?"

" hey honey, it's been a while." gabe said from behind her.

kaycee froze as she heard his voice. she thought she had escaped his ties on her, she thought it was over but it wasn't for him.

"please, get away from me. get out of my house." kaycee cried as she began to back up.

"your house? your home is with me, kayc. sean doesn't love you, i love you. just come back with me." gabe taunted as he tried to grab her hand.

"get off of me, please just leave!" she cried as he forcefully grabbed her wrist.

"you heard the girl, get off of her." sean said as he got in between the two of them, pushing kaycee behind him. "what are you doing here, gabe?"

"i'm here to take kaycee back. i love her unlike you." he slurred making the alcohol become apparent.

the rest all happened too fast for kaycee to process, sean was on the floor, pinning gabe to the ground as a sob ripped through her lungs as she watched sean and gabe throw punches at each other.

"sean! stop." she yelled as she watched fear fill gabe's eyes. "he hurt me, and it broke me. i would wish that one day he would feel the same pain, he once made me feel, but nobody deserves to go through that." she wept as she put a hand on sean's shoulder, "nobody deserves to feel that way."

gabe laid on the living room floor, blood spilt from his nose as the red and blue lights lit the room. he was scared, for the first time he knew how she felt.

as the police took him away and the siren wail faded away a hand rested on her shoulder. "are you okay?" sean asked as he examined her face. "i'm okay. i promise."

sean sat at the kitchen table as kaycee placed a wet cloth against his busted lip. "i know that you want to protect me, but i can't have you getting hurt for me."

" i will always fight for you, kaycee. no matter what." he said as he stroked her tear stained cheek.

her finger gently swiped across his bruised lip, causing him to pull back slightly, she shot him an apologetic smile as she pressed her lips inches away from his mouth.

sean softly smiled in response before placing a gentle kiss on her lips, despite the pain it caused him.

she smiled against his lips as the memory of that night flooded in.

sean looked at the girl he loved and the pain that used to live in her eyes was gone. and not just for a second, it was gone for good.

///
i absolutely love the beginning but the end isn't that great :( this was inspired by a story i read when i first got wattpad but i have no idea what it's called! if i find out, i'll let y'all know.

HOLY HSSJSKSK 11K READS WTF OMG THIS IS AMAZING! YOU GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I APPRECIATE EVERY COMMENT AND VOTE! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY YOU GUYS MAKE ME. I LOVE YOU!!!!

- kami 🌻