The Tide is Turning

A/n: Wow, I'm back. It's been a while. I have been very busy irl the last four years and went through some very life changing events (both good and bad) and now I'm finally back here. 

I missed you all <3

I will admit that a third of this draft I had written two years ago before I discontinued the book. When I came back to it- haha well I realized how advanced my writing is compared to way back then (now the book is gonna look like another writer picked it up lmao XD). So if you see a very sudden DRASTIC change in the writing- well that was the end of where I stopped writing originally. 

So without further ado- welcome to the next chapter.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I loved writing it <3

Miray was forced to leave. At least that is what I have been told. My father was the one to break the news to me. In fact, I even asked Ruto about it and she gave the same exact phrase, exact pronunciation, "Miray ran away, we don't know why, but we are doing everything in our power to find her."

I ask around the place, and I would only get the same answers. "She ran, and we don't know why." They didn't know what had happened to her. They would ask me if I knew. The Zora loved Miray. She was caring, and she helped me with healing people. She made so many friends here. And they were all looking to me for the answer. And I'd tell them that I didn't know. But I knew better, and it pissed me off that my father thought he needed to hide the truth. Miray didn't run away, she was attacked on her way down to visit Castle Town, under my orders to do so. I wanted her to send Link a message. So I felt responsible for what has befallen my friend.

"Hey!"

I came back to my reality or more like I was awoken from my deep train of thought. I happened to be pacing around the empty plaza, which still needed to be filled. (The center felt so empty). In one swift movement I turned my head towards the voice that had disturbed me. Sidon was rushing towards, his little head bobbing up and down. I gave him a small yet kind smile. He hugged my leg with a tight grip. I patted his head affectionately before I asked, "Did you need something Sidon?"

He looked up at me with those shining eyes, filled with joy. "Mipha, what happened to Miray?" I allowed myself to shudder because I knew what I would have to tell him. My father wouldn't tell me nor Sidon what happened to her, for what good reason?

"Walk with me?" I say. He follows the best he can and I eventually take pity on him. I pick him up in my arms and I hold him tightly like I am protecting him from the world. We were near Ploymus Mountain but not too close to the Zora palace. A perfect space, that was serene and not filled with interruptions.

"Miray was attacked on her way to Castle Town." I breath. I wait for Sidon's reaction. He's stunned then his eyes were filled with tears.

"Is she really dead?" He barely speaks.

"I don't know." I say weakly. "Father won't say anything to me, much less if they found a body."

"Why did she go to Castle Town?" Sidon shook his head, "What was so important that she had to go?" I felt my heart pang at this. Guilt. Guilt because I was not brave enough to deliver a message to someone I love.

"Actions...they have consequences, Sidon." I whisper. He listens, gestures me to go on.

"My action to have her go to Castle Town...that's on me." I say quietly, "I wanted her to deliver a message for me, to Link. It wasn't one of the utmost importance...but yet, I couldn't find the strength within myself to deliver it." Sidon looked stunned.

"It's alright if you are mad at me." I croak, "I'm mad at myself, and that is something I am going to have to live with." Sidon nodded solemnly.

"Thank you." Sidon said after a moment.