Part 13

We finally got back on the train after winter break. I will miss Hermione's parents, but Hogwarts is like my second home. I sat there next to Hermione watching all the kids walk past our compartment talking about their holidays and catching up.

"What's on your mind Harry?" I hear Hermione ask me

"Oh nothing. Just happy to be back. I have missed flying and doing magic. We have our game in two weeks against Hufflepuff.  I heard their seeker Cedric is really good"

"Don't worry about a thing. You are amazing on a broom, everyone saw how you caught that snitch despite someone hexing your broom. You will do fine" She reminds me, that was a great moment for me

"And with that cloak I got, we can sneak down to the restricted section tonight" I tell her

Before she could respond I heard a knock on the compartment door. Neville suddenly opens the door with Dean. Both Hermione and I got up and welcomed them back. They took a seat right across from us.

"You got this game in the bag Potter. Hufflepuff doesn't stand a chance" Dean says encouraging

We all sat there talking about our breaks and the presents we got. It felt good to be back with my friends again.

Hogwarts...

Once we go off the train, we took our seats in the boats and floated our way to the castle. Home. The welcome back feast was amazing as usual and it was so great to see everyone. After dinner both Hermione and I went to the common room to start studying for our test in potions. Snape insisted that we have a test the day after break, telling us that a break shouldn't be a reason to fail.

"Tonight meet me down here with the cloak. I will come when my roommates go to sleep. Goodnight Harry" She gave me a quick peck on the cheek and followed her roommates up to the girl dorms

I did exactly as she said and went up to my dorm to talk with Seamus, Dean and Neville. I had to wait till they fell asleep before making my way downstairs. I sat on my bed looking at the scrapbook Hermione got me, it was so perfect. I loved seeing my parents dancing around in the snow. I remember doing that with Hermione in the kitchen, it was...nice. I felt like I was staring at the picture forever, then I suddenly heard soft snoring across the room. I looked around to see all the boys sleeping. I put the book in my trunk and I grabbed the cloak. When I walked downstairs I saw Hermione sitting on the couch.

"Hey you ready to go to the library? Are you sure you're okay breaking the rules like this. I know how much you care about the library" I ask her

"It's alright Harry. This is important" She says grabbing the cloak and placing it over us

We walked out of the portrait and made our way to the library. We tried to keep our quiet knowing Flich always roams the halls trying to find students. We eventually walked into the library and to the restricted section. I took the cloak off and glanced around.

"It's so strange being here at night. Grab the lantern off the table and start looking for books. Maybe we can find some background on Nicolas Flamel and why he created the stone" She said starting to move among the books

I understood why someone would try to steal the stone. It made sense, being that the stone had so many different powers. I just don't know how we're going to stop Professor Quirrel from taking it.

"Harry hide! It's Flich!" She whispers pulling my arm

I didn't know where we were running but I saw this door ahead of us. I stopped Hermione and pulled her through the door.

"That was close. Are you okay?" She asked me

"Yeah. Listen we need to go find Dumbledore and tell him that someone is trying to steal the stone. He must believe us. Tomorrow we will go to his office and tell him what we know, about fluffy, about your broom, everything. If he doesn't do anything we will go through that trap door ourselves" She tells me

We walked away from the door, waiting for Flich to get out of the library. I noticed on the wall, a giant mirror?

"Hermione do you remember reading anything about a giant mirror? In Hogwarts a History, it said something about a mirror of..."

"Erised" She finished

We both stood in front of the mirror in shock. I never thought this would ever be here. It was amazing. The mirror is supposed to show our deepest desires, but it's been told that people can lose themselves in what they see.

"Hermione don't you want to know what your deepest desire is? It won't hurt to look once" I told her focusing on the mirror

I could see my reflection staring back at me. All of a sudden two figures came up behind me. They looked like my parents? My father placed his hand on my shoulder tightly and smiled. Surprisingly my mother reached out her hand and grabbed somebody else's hand. Hermione! She was reaching out to Hermione. She stood next to me and placed her hand in mine. She was my deepest desire? I don't understand. I didn't understand until she moved closer to me and placed a kiss on the corner of my mouth. I stepped back not believing what I was seeing. My parents and Hermione loving me what my deepest desire.

"Harry! Are you alright? I've been calling your name for that last minute" Hermione yells shaking my shoulder

"Yeah...um...it's just my parents" I told her, leaving oh the part about her

"Oh Harry. I'm so sorry" She say grabbing my arm

"It's alright Hermione. Now it's your turn"

Hermione's POV

I was nervous about what I was going to see. Harry saw his parents, that wasn't shocking. I never thought of my deepest desires before. I used my courage and stood in front of the mirror.

Immediately the reflection caught my eye. It was me, but older and much less bushy hair. She turned around only to see a head girl badge on her chest. Head Girl? I could see myself in that position. The next thing I saw was Harry walking towards me with a Head Boy badge. We were together and happy. What happened next shocked me, he placed a light kiss on my lips and pulled me in for a hug. We were a couple? I could help but smile slightly to myself. I did picture myself with him sometimes, in the future when we were older and could actually date. Liking the show in front of me, I stepped away from the mirror.

"It's me as Head Girl and you as Head Boy. I didn't know I wanted that, but I liked it" I told him

"Well hopefully all your desires will come true" Harry tells me grabbing my hand

After taking one last glance at the mirror, we pulled the cloak back over us made our way back through the library. We didn't find anything about Nicolas Flamel but then again, we didn't need to. All we knew was that Professor Quirrel wanted to steal the stone and we had to tell the professor. As we walked back through the halls, I kept hearing what Harry said to me, " I hope all your desires come true"

I hoped they did to