Jin

The pain. The heat. It's unbearable. It hurts! Oh god, I'm dying...it's finally over. I can feel relief coming soon. Please let it be over soon...please...

Blackness. Numb. Nothing.

Bright lights. The pain is back only tenfold. It's sickening. I can't feel my legs. I can't move! Oh god, I'm paralyzed! Please god...

"Hang on, kitten. Give it a minute. This will hurt." Taehyung's voice comes through the darkness towards the lights. It's comforting at the same time terrifying. I'm scared.
I moan in pain, unable to speak. It hurts too bad. I'm burning again! My eyes flutter open to see the devil himself leaning over me. I'm on the floor, stiff and cold and yet burning. The fire is gone, though. Taehyung's clothes are singed to nothing but his body unscathed.
He tilts my head and bites my throat so hard I feel he's going to rip my head off. Somehow I'm still here, though. Unfortunately.
Immediately when he leans away I feel immense strength and relief wash through me. My spine cracking back in place and I gasp in a huge breath. I close my eyes as my entire body begins to shake.

What has he done to me?

"Baby...look at me. Kitten, you have to open your eyes...you can't leave me, Jin. I won't let you."

I glare down at my red-cheeked mate as he slowly sits back up and grasps the bottom of my robe.
After he revived me...something snapped inside me. I'm not the same. I'm the very reflection of my mate. The dark side. I'm not right anymore. I'm him—only worse. My bond to him has also grown to insane levels I can no longer control.
I've become unstable and violent and awful. Especially to our beautiful son I wanted to cherish. The very face of mini Taehyung that looks up at me with so much love and trust. The fact that I tried to end his life has weighed very heavily on me. How can he love me? How did he survive?   
     It's all because of Taehyung. Despite threatening to end my pregnancy all the time...he still saved our baby. I'll never get over him being the salvation and while I was the damnation of our child.
     It's stopped me from bonding properly with him. I don't see him as mine, really. There is a disconnection I don't truly understand but feel.
     Taehyung is more a parent than I am. Jinhyun is scared of me more than Taehyung.
     "Love?"
     Taehyung's soft voice brings me out of my troubling thoughts. My gaze focuses back on him kneeling on the floor in a puddle of that bitch's blood. How dare she even look at him? The things I'd do to stop someone from taking Taehyung away from me...She should know that's instant death around me.
      She deserved it. She knew better.   
     I jerk away from my mate unsteadily and walk around the office, finding myself lost in thought back at the window. I stare down. Is Jimin down there somewhere right now? Living his life with his mate and little boy? I miss him...
     Taehyung comes up from behind and winds his arms me, remaining silent. I know he thinks I'm having another episode. Another fit. I'm not, I'm just tired tired. I'm always tired lately. He doesn't complain about me not feeding him right now.
      "Take me to bed." I whisper, exhausted and regretful. Upset. Without a word, he lifts me into his arms and begins carrying me around the soiled office. I grimace. "And take care of that, please."
     He kisses my cheek. "Yes, kitten."
     I sigh, closing my eyes and letting myself relax as he carries me into our bedroom and lays me on the bed, covering me up.   
     "Have you taken your meds, love?" He asks, an air of caution in his voice.
     I shake my head, looking at him as he walks about the room, grabbing a glass of water and those disgusting pills he forces me to take. Infertility drugs to repress my heats that leave me always tired and anti-psychotic drugs. As well as something else he refuses to tell me. I just take it. I don't really care, honestly.
      I swallow them down without comment, just wanting to sleep for a long long time. As my eyes begin to droop, the haze settling over me, he hesitantly perches on the side of the bed. "I have to leave soon. I'll be back in a few days."
     I reach out and shakily grasp his wrist. "N-no..."
     "I have to do this. I've worked hard these last few years to build us back up from nothing. I have do my job, Jin. Respect that." He admonishes, his pale eyes flashing with anger and indignation for the first time in a long time.
I'm dizzy. "J-Jinhyun...I c-can't...take care..." The drugs effecting me much too quickly. Did he overdose me to leave me?!
      "He's your son, Jin. You can take care of him for a few days." He sighs.
     I try to shake my head but I'm too far gone. I feel him move away and my fingers slip on the sheets. I'm lost in the darkness. I try to keep my eyes open, watching as Jinhyun walks into the room, looking at me sadly as Taehyung picks him up and carries him away from me.
I'm the monster.
I can't help it. I don't see my son—I see a person that's more special to Taehyung than me. Someone trying to take away my mate from me. Would Tae leave me for Jinhyun? If I can't take care of him? Would that be his breaking point?
Taehyung isn't the same anymore either. He's mellowed out. I don't know if it's because he transferred his darkness to me or just having Jinhyun here. I'm not sure how to feel about it.
     All I know is it's been almost six years since I've seen Jimin and I need to know how he's doing. I know he believes me dead. Both of us were pronounced dead and buried—the way Taehyung wanted it.
     A fresh start with new plans.
     Plans I will be a part of this time whether Taehyung likes it or not. I'm simply biding my time.