Chapter 17

I eventually fell asleep on my side of the seat. But when I woke up, my head was resting combortably on Nathaniel's shoulder.

Of course.

But something about sitting there, with my head cocked onto his shoulder, felt right. I had this strange urge of wanting to be closer to Nathaniel Sky, when a certain realization hit me hard.

I liked Nathanel. 

This feeling was exciting,  yet new. I have never liked someone this way before. His slow, clean breathing hinted to me that he was asleep, so I sat up.

I studied his relaxed sleep, his lips that were slightly parted, his eyelids that fluttered open-

He caught me and smiled. "Is there something you'd like?"

I shook my head quickly, quite embarrassed. "There was.." I racked my brain to come up with something, "There was a bug on your face." 

His forehead creased in a, what?, expression. "We're on an airplane."

I bit my lip, shaking my head slightly. 

"Okay.." He said, dragging the y. He sat up and reached for his glass of water when the plane violently jumped. Water trickled down his chest, staining his shirt. He cursed and I couldn't contain my laughter.

He pretend narrowed his eyes at me. "It's not funny."

I covered my mouth. "It really is."

"Oh, really?"

I nodded, and he slyly grinned while throwing the remaining bits of water on me .  I gasped and stuck out my toungue. "Very mature."

 "That's me."

"Excuse me, passengers. We will be landing shortly. The seatbelt sign is now activated, so please take your seats and fasten your seat belts."

The seat belt sign blinked automatically on and I followed instructions.

"Your acting different today." Nathaniel mussed, studying me.

 "What do you mean?"

He shrugged. "Nice."

I laughed, my shoulders shaking. "Are you implying that I'm not nice?"

"Maybe."

I punched him in the shoulder and he grabbed the spot. "Ouch. That almost hurt."

I rolled my eyes and prepared for landing.

~~~~~~~~

When we got off in the airport, I looked around once we got outside. Nathaniel came and stood next to me. "Where're we going?"

I ignored the question. "This is so cool."

He shooed it away. "I've been here a million times."

I let my eyes freely sweep the surroundings. "With who?"

Nathaniel was quiet for a moment, before he answered. "My parents."

At that moment, curiosity struck me. "What are your parents like?"

He ignored the question, and checked his phone. "We have two days here, so we should probably get going and find your mom."

I nodded, but he was already calling a car. Why hadn't he answered me? I wondered if he even had contact with them. He returned to me and I smiled. "Ready?"

He motioned toward the car that had miraculously pulled up. The driver got out and smiled at Nathaniel, followed by a motion to the car. He disappeared and I frowned. "Isn't he driving us?"