Chapter 3: Past

-Edited-

Chapter 3

Faith's POV

I was kind of scared when Mr Parker came to talk to me but he was actually super nice. He even told me his first name which was Zander. And he even called me his Princess and I kinda like the Nickname.

We played and talked for hours and I'm starting to like him but I'm still scared of him. My fear isn't gone yet. After about an hour I started becoming sleepy and decided to take a nap.

I was on my way to my room when a meanie pushed me down and slapped me. Tears started to run down my face. The meanie started laughing at me and she said,

"Don't ever think you're gonna be adopted by anyone. You are ugly, fat, small and annoying and trust me even Miss Leah doesn't even like you! She is just talking to you because she has no choice. Nobody will ever love you!"

With that, she slapped me again

"You're wrong!"

I said, tears streaming down my face while running up to my room as I slammed the door.

I laid down on my bed, my face was on the pillow while I was crying. I wish Mr Parker was here. Eventually, my eyes were starting to shut down and I fell asleep.

Zander POV

After I told Leah that I wanted to adopt Faith. She was like the happiest person that ever existed. She gave me a whole bunch of papers to sign which I was super happy to do (note the sarcasm). I took it and started to sign it. While I was signing the papers I noticed Leah was just smiling at me, just like earlier.

"Hey Leah, mind if I ask you a question?"

"No, not at all Mr Parker."

"Why do you keep smiling at me?"

She was still smiling. But something was different about it. It was sad.

"Sorry for creeping you out with my smile, Mr Parker..."

She said, still smiling.

"The truth is, Faith had a very bad past and nobody adopted her because of that. It's been five months since she's been in this orphanage and I love her. I was very happy when you wanted to adopt her. Trust me Mr Parker she is a very sweet girl."

"Oh I can tell"

I said with a small smile

"Also, I noticed that she was comfortable around you because normally if any male would touch her, she would scream my name, but this time she didn't but I saw her trying to get away from you."

She said with a small smile while I tried to distract myself.

After our little conversation, I was done signing all the papers. Leah gave me Faith's folder and I decided to open and read it.

In the file:

Name: Faith Isabelle Gregory

Age: 4

Features: Dark brown hair, brown eyes, pale skin

Guardian or Parents:

Mother's name: Caroline Anne Gregory

Age: 27 years old

Features: blond hair, brown eyes, pale skin