■ THIRTY- THREE ■

■ TWENTY- THREE ■

"My Lady will see you tonight for dinner, for now she has other matters to attend to, I have instructed to show you to your rooms," a tall wirely man said, gesturing to the huge staircase that seemed to fill the entire room.

I had been in Mekhi's castle but this was entirely different. This was fit for a Queen, for lavishness not usefulness. Still, Mekhi would have seemed right at home if not for his darting eyes tbat surveyed the place. We followed the Butler type man up the staircase and I couldn't help but slip my hand into Mekhi's.

His grip tightened at my touch. He led us to a wide black door and left us with one simply request, to not leave the room unless we had been fetched.

Mekhi pushed open the doors to a rather modern bedroom, not quite reflecting the lavishness of the castle looking interior outside the bedroom.

Mekhi undid his buttons before throwing his jacket on the bed. "She insults me," he said angrily.

I moved further into the room after making sure the door was closed. "Who does?" I asked, sitting in the edge of the bed.

"Lady McKinnon, she knows I've lost my rank and she purposefully puts me in a room that reflects all that I am now," he replied, sighing as he glanced around the room.

"I mean, the rank doesn't matter does it?" I asked watching him closely.

"Of course not, I just didn't realise how much superiority it had given me before" he said turning to look at me.

I shifted on the bed. "You're still one of the most powerful Vampires on the planet, Mekhi" I said carefully.

"I really don't need you to stroke my ego, Celene" he replied, crossing his arms.

Standing up, I walked to him and touched his arms. "You're being fustrated over nothing, Mekhi" I said, soothingly.

He shrugged away my touch. "I hate this, I hate being reduced to being beckoned to court like some kind of -" he faltered, not finding the word.

I crossed my arms. "Commoner?" I finished, annoyed.

"That's not what I meant" he said, giving me a pointed look.

"No, it's exactly what you meant, and that's fine, you're used to living the life of luxary, where as, us commoners find this room to be way out of their price range" I replied, unzipping my jacket.

"Celene" he said exasperated.

I took my jacket off and spotted a white towel on the dark wooden shelves. "I'm going to cleanup, I smell like an aircraft" I replied, grabbing the towel and leaving Mekhi to the not so luxurious room.

The bathroom didn't have a shower so I was resorted to having to fill the deep bath. Waiting patiently for it to fill up, I looked in the mirror.

My hair was wild and unchecked, my lips looking a little swollen from the stressful lip biting I do and my eyes seemed dull and lifeless. This entire trip had just made me a little more not me.

When the water was done, I turned off the taps and stripped before climbing into the hot calming water. I sank beneath the water, holding my breath and closing my eyes. Everything seemed so peaceful there and it was a shame humans couldn't breathe underwater. I surfaced and breathed in, opening my eyes to see Mekhi leaning on the bathroom sink.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, quickly covering my body by twisting it in the bath.

"I think we're a little past that" he said calmly.

"Like hell we are, get out!" I exclaimed.

Instead, he inched closer to the bath. "Did you forget about the hours we spent exactly as God made us?" Mekhi asked, his hand dipping into the water as he kneeled against the bath.

I slapped his hand away. "I don't believe in God and while I do remember that, I'd like to forget it," I replied harshly.

Mekhi's face didn't shit. "Is because I finally made you admit your feelings out loud? Because I can make you do it again, you have no power here," he said firmly as his fingers gripped my chin.

"I'm not your slave anymore, you can't make me do anything" I replied.

"Oh Celene, I can bend you to my will either as my slave or not" he replied, hovering closer.

"You mean you can try because I don't follow your commands anymore," I replied, feeling confident.

"Yet here you are, in Italy, in a bath made of gold and me kneeling by it, you're doing a fantastic job of not following my commands," he said huskily.

"I can leave whatever time I want" I said, moving to get up to prove my point.

Instead, Mekhi pushed me back down and somehow climbed into the bath while holding me against the edges. His clothes immediately soaking with the water as he sank to his knees.

The bath water sloshed around us as Mekhi leaned in. "You don't leave unless I give you permission, understand?" He asked.

"Or what are you going to do? Tie me up, lock me away?" I asked, as his hands snaked from the flat of my chest to the middle of my breasts.

"Don't tempt me Celene" he breathed out.

His fingers trailed under the water and was now at my waist, gripping my sides a little tight. I sucked in some air as he pulled me forward, making me crash into his chest. "Stop manhandling me" I said firmly.

The water spilt over the edge of the bathtub. My eyes almost rolled back as I felt Mekhi's breathe against my bare naked neck. "Or what?" He teased.

I faltered. Dammit, I faltered.

He took advantage of that and wrapped his fingers in my wet hair, pulling my head back to rest on the edge of the bath. Mekhi leaned down to hover his lips just above mine, his body resting against me comfortably. "Still want me to stop?" He asked lowly, before brushing his lips against my skin.

I shivered. "Yes" I said before he pressed a kiss on the corner of my mouth.

"Still want me to stop?" He asked, his lips lowering closer and closer.

"No" I admitted, finding defeat.

He smiled in triumph and pushed away from me, making me sigh. Of course, he was going to torture me. Mekhi stood up and climbed out of the bath, his soaking wet clothes dropping water everywhere.

My eyes widened as he took off his shirt and then, dropped his pants. "I have to let them dry" he explained, turning his head to look at me.

I swallowed. He placed them somewhere to dry before coming back, making me avert my gaze. Without another word, he climbed back into the bath and pulled me up, while he sat back. It made me slide right onto his lap. Right on his lap, his very naked lap, with my legs either side of his to keep myself up.

I gasped. "We shouldn't be doing this" I said firmly as Mekhi ran his hands across my body.

"Because we're in this castle or because we both know this now means more than just sex?" Mekhi asked, bluntly.

His hand slipped between my legs, making me jolt forward. "Mekhi" I half moaned.

Mekhi grinned. "I love my name when you moan it" he said, before crashing his lips against mine.

A/N

Umm. Closes door.
Better put the Do Not Disturb sign on.

Next chapter you get to meet Lady McKinnon, another someone from Mekhi's past. But don't judge them too easily.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo