Chapter 26

''Rolli, look at me. Just say one word and no one will be able to push you for the wedding.'' Veer said holding his dear niece by her shoulders. Rolli looked into his eyes, they looked worried sad. It broke her heart. Veer wasn't just her uncle but her friend too. He had never differentiated between Vikram and her, instead he saved her from her parent's ire many times. She hugged, ''you are the one I am going to miss the most.'' 

''you don't have to do this my girl.'' Veer tried to offer his support. "I will fight everyone.''

''I know but you don't have to do this. I am happy. Siddhant is a good friend.''

''But you don't love him.''

''Chachu, love destroyed my family. I don't believe on it anymore.'' Her voice came angry. Veer rubbed her back, ''You can find love again.'' 

''I am not ready for it.'' Rolli moved back, ''Chachu, I am happy. Trust me.'' Veer just nodded, grabbing her hand he dragged her  to late Rudrani Devi's chambers. Rolli missed her great grandmother. Her grandfather said, she reminded him of his mother but Rolli knew better. Widowed in her later twenties, Rudrani devi had turned herself into a stone. Her hands or heart never shook in taking a difficult decision but Rolli's did.

Though, she knew Siddhant had willingly chosen to be a part of the whole game but somewhere she felt guilty about dragging his emotions into the mess. Veer pushed open the heavy doors entering into the main hall of her suite.  he made her stand opposite to the wall size picture of her great grand mother. ''Now answer me!'' 

Rolli's eyes were now were locked with that of similar colour in the portrait. They were looking down at her with immense pride. 'Remember Rolli, you are strong , brave and you can do all which none of them can'

Her words echoed my ears. Closing her  eyes once, she opened them again. Turning to Veer she smiled, ''I am ready Chachu, are you ready for the Royal wedding of your Princess.'' He studied her for a minute. ''You have grown up Rolli, but not enough to hide from me. Fine, wear that ring. I won't let the wedding happen. He left her alone with that.

***

''Princess, get ready. We are leaving'' Sona was being informed by Chitra. Sona blinked in surprise. ''Where are we going?''

''We are leaving, this is only the thing you should know.'' Chitra sounded firm. Moving to the closet, she started packing Sona's stuff.

''I deserve an answer.''

''You should happy enough to be alive. Do as said and you will be safe.'' Chitra's voice send shiver down Sona's spine. She didn't know where they were taking her and what was her fate going to be after this. Thoughts bombarded her mind, 'Will they kill me and bury me somewhere? Are they planing to lock me in a dungeon and leave me to die? '

''We are ready Princess. Please!'' Chitra requested Sona to lead as she could follow. As soon as she stepped out, she was surrounded by guards and Chitra blindfolded her. ''Just stay calm Princess, you are safe.'' Chitra held her hand leading her through the way. She halted coming face to face with Ananya, who just gave a nod. Chitra took the clue, Ananya watched as Sona was being taken away. She pulled out her phone and dialled Dipika, ''The stage is set. its better you leave before the chaos happens.''

''Won't they doubt my absence in Rolli's engagement?''

''I have a decoy. I want you ready.'' Ananya replied. Dipika smiled, the trap was set and their enemies were going to walk into it straight.

***

''Why aren't we doing engagement here in home Palace?'' Vansh asked his mother

''Because I don't want to compromise the security of our house. Plus, Ranvijay. If you are done with your questions, get to work. You , Vikram leave with Rolli for the Grand Palace. Hemant will update you on security.'' Vansh opened his mouth to ask a question more but it died on his tongue when Ananaya pierced him with her eyes . he quickly retreated to follow the orders.