♚〡FIFTEEN

"Are you alright?! Baby, I am so sorry!"

Eve groaned as her mother cradled her to her chest. Jessica's hold was too suffocating and her daughter could hardly breath.

"We are so sorry. We shouldn't have left."

"Mom, it's okay. You all have work. Dad's really busy with his promotion. You're busy at work. It's alright." Eve somehow managed to remove herself from Jessica's vice grip.

Eve's father also apologized, but Eve brushed it off again. It wasn't their fault. It wasn't their fault werewolves existed and it certainly wasn't their fault that she got mixed up in all of it. It wasn't Eros' fault either.

Eros sat on Eve's lap, nibbling on a piece of bacon. Her parents were crowding around her at the table. Dimitri and Adlaric were sitting at the table also. Dimitri was eating his breakfast while Adlaric was reading something in a manilla file.

Eros dropped his fork and Eve pushed her chair back to pick it up for him. To anyone who didn't know her, they would have thought she was his mother, except she was of color and he was not.

"Evangeline?"

She glanced down at Eros.

"I need to play."

Almost immediately, Eve stood up and wrapped his legs around her waist. He rested his head on her shoulder. Adlaric looked up from the sudden movement by his mate. He learned that being so close to his mate made him lose slight control, so he always busied himself in work so that he wouldn't stare at the girl. Jessica chastitized Eve.

"Eve he can play later."

"Mother, please. It's fine."

"Evangeline, no. You have to rest. Sit down right now."

Eve needed to get Eros someplace now. He was physically shaking in her arms. You have to do it.

"Mother, you and dad were gone for hours each day. Sometimes you wouldn't be back until days after. And it wasn't just this week, it's been like this for years. I usually don't mind. But right now you have to understand that you have left me alone many times; I can take care of myself. Stop pretending to care now."

Eve turned around and walked back upstairs to the bedroom Adlaric had given her. She locked the door and set the boy down.

"You're going to rip your clothes, so go into the bathroom and undress. You must be quiet, Eros, alright?"

Eros wasn't quite sure why she was being so clandestine. Everyone downstairs knew about the Lycanthrope world because everyone downstairs was somehow apart of the Lycanthrope world. Didn't Evey know that?

But Eros, above all else, was a good boy. He listened to directions because he was conditioned to do so. He walked into the connected bathroom and undressed. He felt his bones snap into place and suddenly his consciousness was pushed back.

The dark-haired pup strolled back into the room and jumped on the bed. The girl smiled and followed him. Eros growled lightly and padded onto her stomach. She groaned slightly but let him lay down with his paws under his head. His tail wagged so hard that it hit the bed with ferocity, creating a noise. Evangeline giggled; how was her life so surreal?

She scratched the tiny wolf between his ears and he purred against her stomach.

The two laid and played for a few minutes before someone knocked on the door. Eros jumped up and ran to the bathroom. Eroxs knew it was his King and he also knew that he was not supposed to shift in the house. He shifted back and got dressed right as Eve was opening the door.