31. reunions & explanations

Tell me, what's the situation?
I've been rackin' on my brain
Just want some answers if I ask you
- Madison Beer, Say It To My Face.

I nervously bit my lip as River drove.

"Is everything okay?" He asked me.

"It's a kinda long story, but I just really need to see someone," I answered.

"Well, need me to move faster?"

I thought of getting there are and not seeing Zee, so I nodded, "Yes, please."

In few minutes, River pulled up to Woodley and Bunny and my heart raced when I saw that the same car I'd seen Zee get into the last time, was parked there.

"I'll be right back out," I told River as I got down from the car.

"Alright, sure," he nodded.

I walked up to the front door, pushing it eagerly and looking around. I saw the same figure I'd seen the other time. The short, dark hair. This time, she was dressed in jeans and a poncho.

I licked my lower lip in a swift motion and  felt myself starting to freeze. What if it was her? What if if wasn't? What would I do?

I made quick eye contact who smiled and nodded and then I was able to call her name, "Zee?"

She turned to look at me.

I knew. I just knew it. Standing right in front of me was Zee, but boy, had she changed.

"Renée?"

"Zee!" I flung my arms around her and she hugged me back tightly, "I've missed you so much, Renée, you have no idea how much."

"How are you? Are you here to get something?" She asked me and I realised how much I'd really missed her. She looked even prettier than I remembered her to be.

"No, actually," I shook my head. "I accompanied someone here some time last week when I saw you. I knew it was you but I wanted to be sure. So Tamara here said to text me if you ever shower up again," I smiled at the smiling worker.

"Really? I didn't see you!" She hugged me. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. I'm just so glad we could see each other."

"Do you want to talk?"

I nodded big, "I would love to talk."

We moved outside and to a bench in front of the shop. Like the ones me and River used to sit on. I sudden remembered he was waiting for me.

"I'm sorry Zee, I have to quickly talk to  the guy who I came with," I told her.

I made my way to River's side of the car, his window down. "Hey, this might take a while. I haven't seen her in such a long time and I just need this moment to talk to her," I gesticulated to Zee.

"It's okay. You can take your time."

A grin on my face, I walked back to Zee.
"He's cute," she wiggled her eyebrows  and that caused me to chuckle, "Tell me about it."

"So, are you guys a thing?"

I shook my head, "No, we're not. I mean, I like him, and I think he likes me. I don't even know."

"So, let's just say you'll be an item in about a month from now," she chuckled and hugged me tightly.  "You've grown even prettier."

"What about you? You're even prettier than I remember you to be."

"I can't believe it's been a while," she sighed.

"I know. I've missed you a lot."

"Tell me everything. Fill me in on everything that's going on with you."