Prologue

E D E N ' S P O V

My life came crumbling down the day I met Boston Kain.

I met him when I was a freshman at Green Meadow high he was the bad boy always getting into fights and any trouble he could, then in sophomore, he asked me out and we've been together ever since. Now we are on break its almost coming up to our senior year in three months.

Don't get me wrong Boston was the most perfect boyfriend I could have ever asked for, he was sweet and caring, he always told me how much he loved me and kissed me whenever he wanted, he would also hold my hand, buy me flowers, wait for my shifts to finish, plan surprise dates, pick me up and drive me places.

But then once you've been with someone for almost two years you get to know them. You notice all their flaws, insecurities and their bad habits. It was until then that I noticed how obsessive and controlling Boston was. It started off as him waiting at my work for me to finish my 3 or sometimes 6 hour shifts at a small dinner till then it was either going through my phone then accusing me of cheating on him, to telling me I couldn't go places, see my friends and even wear certain clothes.

This started halfway through our first year of dating. I know it sounds crazy going through that for pretty much a year and a half. But what can I say I loved him, I couldn't see myself without him. I knew he loved me and that he had a weird way of showing it sometimes but deep down I knew he was doing what he did out of love.

Well, that's what I kept telling myself. I tried convincing myself that every night I would go to sleep and every morning when I wake up. But I knew I couldn't keep putting myself through that, it wasn't like me to be like that I used to be so outgoing, happy and confident, now I do whatever Boston says, I'm sad pretty much all the time and insecure about pretty much everything.

I hated feeling like this, I've tried leaving him before but I couldn't, I knew he would find me and bring me back whether I liked it or not. I also felt guilty for leaving him, he's done so much for me over the years, he's given me somewhere to stay as my mother run away with her drugged-up boyfriend leaving me pretty much homeless. He's also given me money whether it was for food or clothes, all thanks to his parents who always made sure his bank account was full of money.

So that's why I've stayed this long, but I'm still waiting and praying for the perfect chance to run away.

***

"Eden!" Boston yelled swinging the front door of our apartment open.

"Yes?" I asked as I laid on the couch watching Netflix.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He asked as he hiccupped making his way towards me.

He was drunk. It was obvious by the strong smell that seemed to follow him through the small but beautiful apartment.

"I've been here." I said softly telling the truth.

This seemed to happen every Friday. He would drink at the bar with his friends and then come home and accuse me of cheating or leaving the apartment without him or his permission because he could have sworn, he saw me sneaking past the bar he was at.

"Why did you fucking leave this apartment!" He yelled again stumbling towards me as I got up and helped him onto the grey fabric couch.

"I didn't leave, I promise, your just drunk." I said as I kissed his head as he mumbled something under his breath.

"But I saw you." He said looking up at me with his deep dark brown eyes.

"You didn't, you got me confused with someone else." I said taking his big hand in mine and pulling up.

"But I could have sworn it was you. Eden promise me you will never leave me, ever." he said sternly.

"I promise. Now come on, go for a shower and go to bed." I said helping him into our room and then the shower.

As he got out, I was curled up in bed, pretending to be asleep when he got in beside me and wrapping his arm around my small waist.

"Goodnight princess." he said softly and then his soft snores were heard echoing through the room.

***

"Eden wake up." a voice said breaking me away from my peaceful sleep.

I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. It was Boston but he was already up and dressed in an off white formal button-up shirt tucked into navy blue formal pants.

"I'm going away, dad needs me to go on a business trip with him, something about buying a new hotel or club I can't remember, anyway I'm trusting you here for a few days by yourself. I'll have Jack one of my friends come and check on you while I'm gone and if your good, I'll come home with a present." he said leaning down and kissing my cheek and then my lips.

"Okay, I hope you have a good trip." I smiled kissing him back.

"well I've got to go, ill text you later." he said kissing me again.

"Well I've got to go, my cab is outside, I love you be good." he said kissing me one last time and then leaving out the front door.

I couldn't believe this, It didn't feel real, I finally had a chance.

I waited an hour just to make sure this wasn't just a test. It defiantly wasn't as he hadn't come back and he texted me how much he loved me and some hoe missed me already. I quickly ran back into our room and grabbed out my black and white stripped suitcase and piled all of my clothes and any belongings I had into it.

I had purchased a second phone the first time I tried running away. I knew that Boston could track me with the phone he had given me and he would read every text on it so I hid the second one in an old shoe box that was at the bottom of our closet.

I knew exactly what my plan was. One I booked a plane ticket with the money I had from working at the café which I had saved for a good year and a half. I would then fly to Canada where my father and brother live. I haven't spoken to my father since my mother and he had gotten the divorce she got custody of me and dad got custody of my brother.

But my brother, on the other hand, we've spoken almost every day since he knows about what has been going on with Boston, he hated that I was still with him all he wanted was for me to come and live with him and my father. Well, today was his lucky day.

I texted him the text he was waiting for.

I'm finally leaving him. I'm coming home.

 I'm coming home

Hey Hi Hello♡

Yes I know I'm not uploading LWTG but in fact a new book that I'm thinking of writing for fun or when I'm finding it hard to write LWTG.

I'm still going to be writing LWTG so don't worry, I'm still really in love with that book and I could never abandon Flo and Ryder.

Please let me know what you think about this book, it's very different from my other one but I've been wanting to write it for a while now.

-GemmaGrace♡