us.

2 weeks later

2 weeks later

Olive

Today was the first day of spring and the weather was perfect. Something about the weather being so nice made my spirit happier and I just wanted to get out of the house.

I decided I'd have a small picnic where Sage and I would always come to chill, talk or just get away. It was a wooded area but it was directly next to the ocean which made it much more peaceful.

"Where are you?" I said into my phone as I looked behind me at Sage's car pulling up.

"Right behind you, babygirl." He said and I smiled, hanging my phone up.

He parked and I watched as he got out of his car with a smile on his face. It's been a few days since I've actually saw him. He ended up going to his doctor's appointment even though he didn't want to. The doctor told him that he was suffering from dehydration and high stress levels.

They suggested more rest and to take a break from work for a while. They explained to him that he was working himself way too hard which I agreed with. So he's been in bed for a few days and I just let him have some time to himself.

"Hey, baby." I stood to my feet to hug him.

"What's up, babygirl." He smiled as I looked over his face, he looked so refreshed.

I smiled, just happy to see him happy and in a better state.

"You look beautiful." He said to me as he looked down at my yellow, flowy dress.

"Thank you, you look beautiful too." I said to him and he laughed, kissing my forehead.

"What did you make us?" He asked as we sat down onto my picnic blanket.

"I just have fruit and I made us sandwiches. As for beverages, I have a bottles of water for me and coke for you." I told him and he nodded.

I took my sandals off and placed them into the grass as he did the same with his sneakers.

"Did you bring your speaker?" I asked him and he dug into his jacket pocket, pulling it out.

I connected my phone and let him play music.

He ended up playing Jhene Aiko's - While We're Young as the cool spring air blew and we leaned into each other, enjoying the scenery.

"Telling everybody you're mine and I like it." I sang to him, cupping his face in my hand as he smirked.

"And I really hope you don't mind, I can't fight it." I sang and he chuckled.

"I missed you." He shook his head, wrapping his arm around me.

"I missed you too." I told him as I softly pecked his lips.

"We really need to stop going weeks without seeing each other, that's too long for me." He said and I nodded in agreement.