Chapter 5 : Papa

-Edited-

Chapter 5

Zander's POV

I was almost in tears with what I just witnessed. Cuts, bruises, marks were all over her legs. I couldn't even move after what I saw. Faith looked at me curiously.

"Zander, why are there tears in your eyes?"

"Oh umm... it's nothing Princess. Just dust in my eyes."

She nodded while I continued to change her diaper. I could feel that she was nervous and scared when I was about to open her diaper, but she relaxed when all I did was clean her and put on a new diaper.

After I cleaned her, I washed my hands and picked Faith up and placed her on my hips as I made my way to the store to buy Faith's car seat. I reached the store and saw Nick looking around. I asked,

"Dude? Have anything in mind?"

"Not really"

I noticed Faith was asleep on my shoulder. I smiled and Nick just kept on looking around. After about half an hour, we found a car seat and a high chair. Once I purchased the items I continued to carry Faith while Nick carried our shopping bags.

"The only reason I'm carrying all this it's because of Faith, so don't give me that ugly ass smirk."

He said, glaring at me. I laughed and said,

"Hey! My smirk is not ugly okay. I have one of the most handsome smirks in the world. Chicks love this smirk you know."

Gave him another smirk while Nick scoffed. We reached the exit of the mall and thank God there were no paparazzi. We walked fast to the car, just in case.

Nick started setting up the car seat. Once he was done I placed Faith in the car seat and buckled her up. After that, we put in the bought items one by one in the car trunk and I started to drive home.

Our drive back home was pretty quiet other than me taking a glance at Faith to see if it was all right. We were almost home when Faith woke up from her nap. It took her a while to be fully awake.

"Zander?"

"Yes, Princess?"

"Where are we?"

"We're on our way home sweety."

She nodded and looked outside the window, looking around her surroundings, it was super adorable.

A few minutes later, we reached home and Nick was asleep. Ugh, this kid. I hit Nick on the back of his head. He instantly woke up and said,

"Who do I need to kill?"

"Nobody Nick, nobody."

He narrowed his eyes at me while I rolled my eyes. I looked at Faith and her eyes were glued to the house.

"What do you think about the house, Princess?"

"I love it, Zander."

She said with the biggest smile. I got down from the car to get Faith while Nick took all the things we bought. We went in and Nick went to his room leaving all the things on the couch.

"Faith?"

"Yes, pa- Zander?"

Shit! She was just about to call me papa. Well it makes me more she calls me papa then the term "daddy" , but honestly it doesn't matter to me. She can address me as anything she is comfortable with even just Zander.

"Umm, hello? Zander?"

"Sorry Princess, would you like to choose your room?"

"I got a room?" She asked, surprised.

"Of course Princess," I said with a chuckle.

I put her down and she started to explore the house. It was super adorable to see it. I just kept following her wherever she was going. She went to the backyard and her mouth just dropped. I just chuckled.

"We have a pool?"

"Yes, we do, Princess. We can swim someday together."

"But I don't know how to swim." She pouted.

"Don't worry, Princess, I'll teach you. Okay?"

She nodded happily and continued to explore the house. Suddenly, she stopped at the doorstep of one of the rooms. She went in and looked around.

"Can I have this room, Zander?"

"Of course, sweety."

She ran and hugged me. I carried her and put her on my hips. She put her head in my neck and yawned.

"Looks like someone sleepy," I said in a playful tone.

"No, I'm not." She mumbled.

"Yeah right. Come on, let's get you to bed." I said that and started to make my way towards my room. I wanted her to sleep with me until her room was done. I was kinda happy with the room she chose because it was near to my room.

I reached my room and saw her already asleep on my shoulder. I mentally smiled to myself, happy that she was not afraid of me.

I lay her on the bed gently. Covered her with some blankets and surrounded her with some fluffy pillows as well because I don't want her to fall.

I kissed her forehead and whispered,

"I love you, Princess."

With that, I head to the closet to get changed first. I changed into some t-shirt and shorts. I decided to go to the office to get some work done.

About an hour later, I decided to watch some TV, but before that, I checked on Faith to see if she was okay. She was sleeping peacefully.

I headed downstairs and saw Nick watching TV so I joined him. He saw me and said,

"Hey, dude, where is Faith?"

"She's in my room, sleeping."

"Cool. Umm, when do we start doing Faith's room Zan?"

"Not sure. I'm busy this week; tomorrow is a Saturday and I want to spend some time with Faith."

"Maybe you can do it tomorrow because either way, you're still spending time with Faith." He said with a wink.

I huffed and said,

"Fine. We will do it tomorrow then."

He smiled. We just continued watching TV. After about 30 minutes, we heard a loud cry. My eyes went wide. I immediately got up and ran to my room with Nick following behind me.

I reached my room and saw Faith crying her eyes out. I ran to her and carried her. I cradled her like a baby while saying sweet nothings to her. She calmed down.

I gave Nick a look telling him I'll handle it. He understood and left. After a while, it was just the sounds of Faith hiccups and sniffles.

"What's wrong, Princess? Why are you crying?"

She gripped my neck tighter and said,

"W-why d-did you l-leave m-me?"

She stuttered.

"Princess, I would never leave you, okay? I was just downstairs. I'm sorry. I love you, Princess."

Those next words that came out of her mouth were unexpected.

"It's okay, I love you too papa."

_______________________________________
Thats it for chapter 5 guys💜
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.🌈
Sorry for posting it late .
Thank you for reading.😇
Don' t forget to vote and comment. 😎

See yall next time.

Love,
Mel