Chapter 22

TRIGGER WARNING. PLEASE BE GUIDED.

Chapter 22

All of them are wearing black clothes. All of them except for me.

With my white spaghetti dress, I silently walked and sat down. Tulala ako habang nakatingin sa unahan, nag-aambang tumulo ang mga luhang pinipilit kong pigilan.

Wala akong ginawa kundi tumitig lamang. I didn't care a thing about the world right now. Nibbling my lower lips, I tried to play Zechariah's voice inside of my head again.

"Leave your family, Stormie... if you really want to be happy. They're toxic to you. I know you're still young and would rather have them by your side but they are slowly killing you..."

I could remember, inside of my head, playing vividly, how I laughed at her ridiculous suggestion. I threw my head and chuckled weakly. Pinulot ko ang maliit na bato sa aking harapan at mahinang ibinato sa dagat sa aming harapan.

"Kung pwede pa lang..."

"Hayy! As much as I want to enjoy my youth, I want time to speed up for you..." nilingon ko si Zechariah. Even in the dark, her eyes glower with sheer determination and a little bit of mischief, just like her usual glow of eyes. Then she turned to me and grinned slightly. "I want to see you succeed in life and then you can kiss your family goodbye!"

Nakitawa nalang din ako. Heck, I swear her laugh is so contagious. I could laugh with her all day and I wouldn't mind it. Dinampot ni Zechariah ang bote ng alak na hindi ko pa nagagalaw at siya na mismo ang tumungga. Napailing ako. Alam niya sigurong wala akong balak inumin yun.

"Who knows? You could end up being a best-selling author in the future! Or run your own publishing house... you're very gifted in writing. I look forward to having you sign my copy of your book!"

Her words of inspiration remained inside of my head. Every time my mother reminds me how much of a failure I am simply because I'm writing, I try to remember Zechariah's words and how good it made me feel. That was one of the things that keep me going. The thing that made me want to write. A reader like her. My very own, Zechariah.

I'm sure I disappointed her a lot when I stopped writing.

But even so, she continued to support me in everything I do. Which made me feel really guilty by now...

Ako ba, nasuportahan siya?

"Stormie..."

Napatalon ako sa gulat nang namalayang may umupo na pala sa aking tabi. I turned and saw Philodemus darkly staring at me. He's in a black sweatshirt and pants. Kagaya ko ay malamlam din ang kaniyang mga mata at may eye bags din siya dala ng kakulangan sa tulog.

Worry and concern flashed in his eyes.

"You haven't slept." he said quietly, handing me a steaming paper cup of coffee.

I gratefully accepted it from him and smiled weakly. "I didn't?" I echoed.

"I'm worried..." seryoso niyang sinabi sa akin at hinawakan ang kamay ko. I stared at the brown liquid swirling inside the cup. "Stormie...?"

I sighed. "I'm fine, Philodemus..." then trailed off when I realized that I'm not. I shrugged. "Maybe not now... but I'm going to be fine."