02| A Bleeding Heart

Two: Deathly Dreams

May 2010

Paralysis.

That was all she felt.

She couldn't move anything.

She couldn't feel anything but the painful ants that seemed to run through her body. Like some kind of zinging armada, they coursed through her body and stole her of her breath.

Suddenly she lost all vision. Darkness; everywhere.

She tried to shout out. Yell for help.

"Mummy!" but nothing came out of her mouth.

Suddenly a face rose from the oblivion. An ugly face. A beautifully horrifying face. His face.

Swirls of mist swallowed him, and like a specter, he stood, staring at her with the diligence of a watchdog.

The swirls intensified and he grinned. Her heart clenched. She used to love that grin of his. It was sort of a lopsided, crooked smirk-like grin that girls would fall head over heels in love with. Now all she felt was fear. Cold blooded fear, hidden under a wave of red-hot anger that seemed to be expanding with alarming velocity. The acrid smell of her own perspiration hit her nose and she tried to scream at him with untamed horror. And yet, not a whisper darted past her lips.

Suddenly, a weird twist; his eyes changed. Grey to green. His hair; black to blonde. She shook her head. They changed back.

Ryan aimed the gun at her heart and pulled the trigger.

She screamed herself into consciousness, her hand clutched at her treacherous, bleeding heart.

***

Next Update: Wednesday, March 20th, 2019

Side Note: Who would win in a battle, Thor or Hulk?