Chapter 31: We Never Touched (Flash Back)

I enter my home and slowly move towards my parent's room as I reach the door, I peek inside the room and find my daddy sitting on his rocking chair with his head in his hands. I slowly come inside and close the door behind me without him realizing.

"I'm sorry daddy I'll be a good girl now," I speak, lowering my head.

"Oh, princess! I'm sorry for yelling at you." Daddy stands up and hugs me immediately.

"I made you yell over me if only I hadn't been stubborn," I replied, looking into his eyes as he releases me from his embrace. "I know you don't like such things still I was nagging about it."

"Now that you realized and understood your daddy maybe we should think over your wish." He says, holding my face in his hands with a smirk plastered on his face and I glee with joy.

"Really daddy?" I say, excitedly. Even though things were good now without Jamel's help but I can't refuse him from joining our family's trip so I decided to go with whatever decision my dad makes.

"Yes, thinking over it wouldn't hurt but I'm still not promising you."

"It's fine daddy! Thank-you, you're the best!" I hug him back.

"By the way where were you this whole hour?"

"A secret place, can't tell you." I giggle.

"My princess living in a secret kingdom and I didn't know about it?" He chuckles and we hear someone clearing their throat behind us.

"Hello Mr. Harris," Brat speaks while fidgeting in his place.

"Oh, it's you boy! Come here, why are you standing by the door?" Daddy motions for him to come inside and he hesitantly walks in and stands close to daddy. I release daddy, he ruffles brat's hair and he smiles weakly at daddy. "Feel at home son, I'm glad you came here again finally..." Daddy pauses for a while but continues. "We are here for you always like your family." Daddy smiles at him and he just nods at him, still a little hesitant. "Enjoy kids have your time of adolescent," Daddy says before leaving us standing in the room alone.

"Thank you. It's good to have you back brat." I say, slyly.

"Call me that again, I somehow feel good right now hearing that word from you." He replies, smirking at me.

"You don't mean that?" My eyes widened in disbelief.

"Want to test?" He yanks my hair and runs towards the door. "You have to catch me first!" He yells behind him while running out of the room.

Oh how much I've missed this stupid brat!

~~~

He was slowly realizing that bad things happen in the world every time but we have to let it go and look forward for other good things to happen. I never told brat about Jamel and my deal not that I was hesitant to discuss also he would've created a fuss over it but it felt somewhat guilty to plan this far in order to make things right or rather to make him realize. However my friendship with Jamel also grew stronger and he was happy, knowing that things between us were back to where it was. Sometimes brat still gets jealous of our friendship but no, can't help it, it is fun making him jealous though.

Weeks later daddy surprised us by bringing a mini pickup truck home which he exclaimed to be his own and this was the sole reason he had been skipping up the picnic plan. He was looking up for the right pickup truck and he did until he bought it home. Everyone was so surprised and happy to see it. Daddy would rent a carriage or ask any of his friends who had pickup trucks to lend them for a while so he could deliver the woods outside the town because selling something outside the town was more profitable. It was always hard for him to ask others, of course, he wouldn't ask them for free, he paid money whenever he used other's stuff which cost him more than usual so owning one of the trucks was one necessary thing to do for daddy.