Chapter 45 The Garnish To Happiness

"Where did you go? That blonde boy again?" Mrs Laghari asked as she crossed his arms and stood before Rhea, as she quietly entered the house.
"Kind of?" Rhea smiled, nervously.
"So late at night?" 
"Mom, it's only eight. And he called me at five, it was my mistake I got late. Anyways, where's my dinner?" She quickly changed the topic. She carried the food to her room and looked at the paint on the floor.

"Mom, give me a mop,"
She cleaned the paint and looked at the floor which was now a mix of many colors. "It stained! My floor!" Mrs Laghari complained but Rhea looked at the stain carefully. It was a beautiful pattern.

How mind blowing it is that the same imperfections can be beautiful to one and ugly to another. It just depends on who is looking, "Mom, I'm going to the terrace once,"
She left with her drawing book. She reached up, she was used to seeing Ember sleeping at the corners of the terrace of the mall. She sat on a cardboard laid on the floor and kept her drawing book over it, "Ember..." The city looked so small, and so did her problems. The world seemed to move so fast, all the traffic lights moving past on the orange lit streets far away from her. She remembered holding him between her arms just a few hours ago. She didn't want to let go, but she remembered his eyes,

"Why do your blue eyes..." She felt the tips of her pencil as his eyes filled her mind, they had never left her ever since she first looked into them, but they always, "Smile at me like that?"
The night didn't have a single star, the October breeze felt cold. The loving desire turns into mere strokes of her hand. She hugged her drawing book and slowly began moving sideways, smiling mindlessly and looking at the moon. 

Inspiration, 
That's not all she wanted from him anymore. Inspiration came from within, not by people. They are mere facilitators, not the sources of inspiration. Ember, he wasn't a source of inspiration. But she's never wanted to make sources of inspiration happy. But him, she wanted to make him happy.
"As I feel the winter breeze, I remember what you give me," She sang, softly, "You give the courage to move on, you make life seem easy," She pressed her hands on the cardboard, holding the weaight of her boody on her arms and closed her eyes, "We met like sky and ground, your seas, they make me drown, and I ask, 'How do we do' We have changed now. Oh, these fragile flakes of love,"

Fragile flakes of love,
She wanted them to reach him before they melted. She took a deep breath and looked at her phone screen, "Wanna meet at that paint shop again this Sunday?"

'It's time I tell him what I feel'

. . . 

Ember and Jack sat inside that greenhouse, sitting before that same marble table, drinking blue tea and eating some blueberries. The aroma of flowers and herbs filled the air, "What did you find yet?" Ember asked him as he took a bite of a blueberry muffin.

You know, Ember, psychology is not such an easy science to study," Jack took a sip of his tea and Ember looked at him, "With different people comes different ideals, beliefs and concepts. Different complications, different minds, some new kinds of disorders, new behaviours, different kinds of attitudes, it's just so beautiful to witness"

"It isn't beautiful," Ember looked at him, "Stop romanticising pain, there's nothing beautiful about it. Just tell me what you found,"
Jack got up, "We'll have to start the therapy as soon as possible,"
Ember smiled, "That's what I wanted to hear," He looked at Rhea's text and left it on seen, "Sure," He texted.

. . .

Neel went to Rhea's place but her mother told him that she was on the terrace. He walked on the stairs, mapping out everything that he would say. But when he saw her, sitting on the cardboard with her drawing book on her lap, he couldn't move any futher. She turned to look at him,
"Oh Neel, hey," She smiled.