Chapter 25: Isn't it weird?

Third Person P.O.V (Point Of View)

Mina was on Chaeyoung's doorstep, contemplating whether or not she wanted to knock on her door.

The girls hadn't talked since the gathering at Sana's place and based on the youngers behaviour, Mina was almost 100%  sure there was something wrong with Chaeyoung.

That's why she had asked Dahyun her address and showed up at her place uninvited. Mina had spent countless sleepless nights thinking about the younger, and the possibilities of her being in pain or in distress made the older's heart ache.

Mina took a deep breath in and leaned forward, knocking on Chaeyoung's door. It took a while but Chaeyoung finally opened the door, blinking rapidly and rubbing her eyes.

Mina gasped looking at the younger. Her hair was messy and big dark circles were visible under her eyes, she had also lost too much weight. She looked tired and her eyes, Mina thought, looked darker and almost out of focus, if it was possible.

"Chaeyoung-ah!" Mina almost shouted, something unlikely of her, she was obviously shocked. Chaeyoung smiled hearing the older's voice and quickly stepped aside so she could enter her small apartment. Mina got into the apartment, hesitantly standing by the side of the door as Chaeyoung closed it and slowly moved further into her house, plopping on the couch and slightly stumbling.

"What brings you here?" Chaeyoung said lowly, her voice was raspy.

"I-I wanted to see how you're doing? We haven't talked in a w-while" Mina stuttered, joining the younger on the couch.

Chaeyoung hummed and smiled bitterly "So now that you've seen me, what do you think?" she asked, shaking her head while playing with her fingers. Mina was slightly taken aback by the younger's question and took a shaky breath in, while looking around at the shorter's apartment.

The apartment was quite messy, some furniture seemed really out of place. Mina wondered why Chaeyoung didn't place her furniture back in order but eventually let it slide as she was too worried about the girl's well-being.

"Chaeyoungie, is there something wrong?" Mina's voice echoed through the house. For once the older wasn't the quietest one in the room.

"Yeah, everything is amazing" Chaeyoung ironically said, bringing her hands to her face while sighing. "Mina you saw me, why do you even ask? You're probably scared by how bad I actually look, but it's okay, it's not like I can look myself in the mirror anymore" she laughed, closing her eyes.

Mina sat confused on the edge of the couch, looking at a very tired and upset Chaeyoung. Nothing made sense to the older, but she had promised the rest to find what's going on with Chaeyoung and help her out of it. Besides, Mina couldn't handle seeing Chaeyoung upset, her heart couldn't take it.

The elegant female moved closer to the small figure on the couch, slightly touching her shoulder. The latter flinched at the sudden contact but relaxed after a while, Mina's warm hands felt nice.

"Tell me what's bothering you. You know I'm always here" Mina whispered leaning closer to the younger.

"Remember when we played truth or dare?" Chaeyoung asked, her voice seemed pained. She couldn't lie to the older.

Mina hummed in response and proceeded wrapping her arms around Chaeyoung's waist, pulling her closer. She wasn't always good with words, so she mostly comforted people with hugs even if she was too shy to do so.

"I said I was sick, remember?" Chaeyoung asked once again and Mina sighed, she knew were this was going, she had suspected it. "Well...I--" Chaeyoung's eyes started to well up and her breathing was getting heavier. Mina lifted Chaeyoung's head up in order to face her and flashed a sad grin.