CH 4//I miss you...

TW Swearing, alcohol use

"Whats my Charlie up to?'' Amanda spoke walking into the kitchen. Charlie put down his blue crayon and held up his drawing. Amanda smiled and walked over to him giving him a kiss on the forehead. Her vanilla scented perfume embraced him. He smiled and handed her the drawing. "Aww for me? thank you Charles, thats very sweet of you". Charlie giggled and swung his legs back and forth. His mother proudly displayed the art work on the fridge. "So" She said taking a seat next to him "You know what tommorow is?" Charlie looked up at the ceiling and tapped his chin as if he was thinking. He shrugged pretending to not have a clue. "You silly goose it's your 6th birthday!" She picked him up and swung the squeeling boy around.
Just then David walked in holding his head with eyes shut tight. "Can we keep it down please?" He said groggily.
Amanda put the boy back down in his chair and walked over to David with her hands on her hips. "You were drinking last night again weren't you?" she whispered. He ignored her and filled up his coffee mug. "For gods sakes David. you promised me you were going to quit" She looked over at the clock, then back at him "Don't you have work in an hour?"
"Fuck off!" He snapped. Charlie jumped in his seat. "I'm calling in sick" He said grabbing his mug and leaving her in disbeleif. She wanted to argue with him but didn't for Charlies sake. She looked back at the small boy who was playing with the zipper on his sweatshirt. What happened next shocked her, as it was a rare thing to happen. He talked. But what he said was something no parent would want to hear their child say.
He looked up at her with a worried look and said, "Daddy's not ganna be at my party, is he?"

-

Only four hours had gone by when Charlie was sitting on the floor of the bathroom again, one that had a lock on the main entrance door, eating his packed lunch. Cafeterias were too loud.

He put down his bag of chips and wiped his fingers on his jeans before taking out his personal notebok. He flipped over to the tenth page and read over his plan for the day he turned 18, which was only three months away.

-Pick up twix from corner store
-visit ma (pick up flowers for her gravestone)
-board city bus
-Go anywhere but here

He picked up a pencil and added one more thing

-Sing happy birthday

It was silly but, if he didn't, who else would? He closed the notebook and placed it back in his bag carefully. He then unzipped the second pocket of his bag and pulled out his teddy along with his mothers favorite purfume. He squirted the vanilla scent onto the stuffed bear and held it close to his chest before closing his eyes. "Hey mom" He whispered.