Chapter Seventeen

I stumble into the simulation waiting room when I'm bombarded by someone I  most certainly did not want to see at the moment.

"Well, well, well," Max wonders over in front of me, "if it isn't little miss, 'I can't win a fight unless my big sissy saves me!'"

He and Ronnie barked out a laugh and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, because everyone can win a fight against three other people blindfolded," I scoffed, "also I'm not little, but I know something," I gesture to someone that hurts a males ego, "that is,"

He let out a growl, as I smirked at him, hating how he was at least three inches taller than me. I was tall for my age though, a good five-seven.

"You're not going to win this fight so just give up," I said numbly, "you're just a coward which is why you had to have to other people help you,"

His fist goes flying towards my jaw, which I quickly catch letting out a low laugh.

"Don't underestimate me, I'm done with your stupid games," I shoved his hand back, "so let it go, or become factionless,"

"Via, you're up," Alex calls, and I'm thankful that I let my hair ly down today because when I turned back around, I allowed my hair to swish him in the face.

I walk into the room and almost stop walking, glancing over at the blue-eyed man in front of me.

"I'm going to be overseeing today's sim," he said coldly and I nodded my head, shakily sitting down in the seat.

"It's a crazy rule but I have to leave the room," Alex mumbled and I looked up surprised.

"Why?"

"It's not just a rule for everyone, it's only for him?" I shot an eyebrow up, "he says I'm too hard on the initiates,"

"You are," Alex stated matter-of-factly, before shooting me a warning look, telling me to be careful, then walking out.

"Okay, so I guess you know the drill by now," he prepares the needle, and of course he does very slowly.

"Could you, maybe, um, do it faster," I mumbled, "you're making me nervous,"

"Oh," he stopped, turning around a playful smile dancing across his lips, "I make you nervous? I thought you said that I don't make you nervous not too long ago,"

"I just don't like needles," I groaned, his laugh rumbles around the room, and I then realize that he doesn't laugh very often.

"Okay," he turned around once he was done getting the supplies for the needle, "don't look at me okay?"

I was shocked by his normally cold, but now soft voice. I nod my head, paying attention to the wall.

"Do you want me to count down?" He questioned, and I shook my head.

"No, I-" I'm caught off guard when he just pushes it gently into my neck.

I'm in Amity, once again. I know what this one is. I suck in a deep breath, looking around everywhere when I spot it. The queen bee. We make eye contact, as weird as that may sound, and I don't look away as it zooms closer. I know what is to come, so I don't fight them.

'It isn't real,' I repeat over and over to myself in my mind as its whole family comes and ambushes me, wasps joining too, spiders as well.

I stand up stiff as a board, trying my best to ignore the pain, telling myself it won't last long before it's over.

That's got to be my new record, but then I realize who's in the chair in front of me. I look up at him for him to already be staring at me. I quickly look away.

"How'd you get out so quickly?" I looked at him with a confused face.

"How long was I in there for? It felt like thirty minutes-" he cut me off.

"How about two minutes?" Play dumb, Olivia.

"Huh," I drug out, "that would make sense though, I've been trying to get myself ready for it,"

"How so?" He presses and I shrug my shoulders standing up.

"Thinking what I'd do in those moments," he looked at me skeptically.

I walk towards the door, "Via," I turned around, "Dauntless don't get out of simulations that fast, and they don't know that they're in the simulation," he tapped his head.

"Good to know," I nod my head.

"Hey, guys!" I sat down in my rightful spot that I've sat since joining Dauntless.

"Hey girl gey!" Zane answers, snapping his fingers in a 'Z' form.

"You're such a dork," Reagan grinned, and I shook my head.

"So," Raelynn looked at me suspiciously, "I heard you got out of your simulation in two minutes,"

"Really?" I hummed, and everyone's eyes are on me it feels like.

"Yeah, how'd you get out so fast, V?" Reagan asks, and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I've just been thinking about what'd I would see in my landscape," I answered, and thankfully they left it be, "so how have you all done so far?"

Why am I doing this? 

Seriously, why am I doing this?

I'm standing, quite awkwardly might I add, in front of Eric's front door, fist formed, almost about to start knocking, second-guessing on if I should just turn around.

I slowly put my hand down and shake my head, walking away, that would have been too embarrassing.

"Liv?" A voice calls from behind me and I stop in my tracks, turning around slowly.

"I just- I thought it would be embarrassing if I-" he shook his head, chuckling.

"Come on, let's get you some beauty rest, sleeping beauty," he turned around, leaving the door open.

I slowly walked in, after a moment of deliberating.

"Do you want something to drink?" He questioned, looking through his fridge, "I have orange juice, milk, water, Gatorade,"

"Orange juice, if you don't mind," I answered, fiddling with my hands, not knowing exactly what to do with them.

"Coming right up," I could hear his smirk.

I looked around a bit, still, a bit shocked by how clean he is, and how modern.

"I wanted to tell you something," he looked a bit nervous.

"Yeah? What's up?" I mumbled, taking a cup of orange juice he had offered to me.

"I don't think you should go to the party," he mumbled, and I looked at him with judging eyes.

"Why not?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I just... Don't think you should go,"

"Well," I clicked my tongue, "too bad,"