1.3.22: Fake Tears

Meanwhile in the hospital, Ling Qiu had just finished sending Kang Yiyi a message that their plan was now going to begin. She looked at the deeply-focused Qiang Yue and sighed. "Qiang Yue are you thinking about that woman again?"

The former doctor that exhibited an aura of kindness and hard work was now a shrivel of the man he once was. Always with an exhausted look on his face, he was not the man with the gentle gaze anymore. He seemed always deep in thought and carried an aura of melancholy. It made Ling Qiu quite aggravated that it was that wretched girl who caused him to be this way.

When he didn't answer her question, she couldn't help but grow angry. "Qiang Yue, she manipulated you! She lied to you! She broke your trust! Why can't you stop thinking about her?" She deeply envied Xiahu Yunhua. Even after all these deeds, the man that she had loved for all these years was still in love with her. He may have not voiced it or kept it to himself, but the truth was as clear as crystal: Qiang Yue was not over her.

If it weren't for the small chip she had inserted into his phone, he and Xiahu Yunhua would've made up ages ago. Fortunately, she had Kang Yiyi to thank for giving her something that prevented them from talking to each other. Who knew if that woman had tried to contact him? Either way, he would never know. And Qiang Yue didn't have the guts to see her in person, so that was also a factor that contributed.

"It's not that simple..." he softly murmured after a brief moment of silence, "I wish it was."

"You can make it that simple! Qiang Yue, that woman is evil! In fact, she's an evil jinx! She only had to see your father for him to die—"

"Ling Qiu, watch your mouth." Despite his harsh words, he remained calm.

"Why? You and I both know it's true! Throughout this entire month, I have begged, asked, and told you to get Uncle an autopsy! We cannot let his death go in vain when there's a possibility that she did something."

"She did not do anything! It's all your silly imagination..."

Ling Qiu clenched her fists at his persistence. "You need to open your eyes! She was the last person in the room with him. He was perfectly fine yet the moment she left, his vitals shot through the roof. Qiang Yue, no matter how much you have feelings for her, you cannot ignore your father's death like this—"

"Enough!" He finally raised his voice. "He was vulnerable after having a heart attack the first time, it's not a shock that he got another one."

"Really? You're not skeptical at all? I think you're a coward—"

Qiang Yue fist violently hits the table in front of him, startling her. He rubbed the temples of his head and sighed. "I said enough. For the love of your Uncle and my father, let him rest in peace in the afterlife."

Ling Qiu clenched her fists so hard that she could feel her nails digging in her palms, painfully. But the pain was nothing in comparison to this man's neglect. Why couldn't she get that woman? She couldn't ask Kang Yiyi to help her anymore as she had already done enough for her to proceed with the plan. They needed for this part of the plan to go right or else that woman would live peacefully for the rest of her life. She had already destroyed so many lives, it was time to get a taste too.

So she did the one thing that she was sure that Qiang Yue could not resist: she cried. She cried with every fiber of her being. She cried like she was experiencing the worst of worst pains. She cried like she had never cried before.

And it worked.

Qiang Yue turned around with shock in his eyes. Even though he didn't hold the type of affection she wanted for her, he still regarded her as a dear friend. And he was overall a very nice man, so he immediately wrapped his arms around her smaller frame.

Her tears wetted his white coat but it seemed like he didn't care. "I just really love Uncle. I cannot stand him experiencing injustice."

"...Alright." He finally whispered, "I'll do it. But if it turns out that it's a natural death, then you must go and apologize to my father for disturbing his sleep."

She meekly nodded and buried her head in his chest. She couldn't have an opportunity like this ever again, so why not take advantage of it? As for that woman... a malicious smile appeared on her kind features.

Once the wheels have turned, they could not be stopped.

Xiahu Yunhua... needs to prepare herself.