009

Jimin leans further into Jin's touch as he pets the fluffy orange ears, slightly whining when Jin pulls his hand away.

"Oh, by the way." Jin says and Jimin looks up at him, curiosity sparkling in his brown eyes. "This are Namjoon and EunMin, also known as detective Kim and detective Lee."

"Ah." Jimin says nodding. "So you're the infamous pair I've heard so much about." He says giving them an eye smile.

"Infamous?" Jungkook asks tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"Yeah." Jimin says sliding his arm around Jungkook's shoulders. "Rumor says that they can solve cases the fastest on the whole division."

At that Taehyung and Jungkook's eyes immediately turn towards us.

"Wow. Really?" They ask wide eyed.

"We try our best." Namjoon says rubbing the back of his neck. "But it also depends on the type of case we are handling. Usually we have more information, on this case however, we are walking around blindly." He adds pursing his lips.

Taehyung opens his mouth to say something else but before anything comes out Jin interrupts.

"Let's get started shall we?" Jin says trying to change the subject and the boys happily oblige following him towards an open area. The spacious room is big enough to hold a good amount of people and there are long tables lined around the room.

"This would be the dining room, where the hybrids will be able to come and have meals provided for them." Jin explains, the boys nodding and looking around the room.

"What kind of food?" Jungkook asks.

"Well, that depends on how many hybrids we have. For now, the meals can be personalized but in the future I don't know." Jin says rubbing the back of his neck.

"How many hybrids do you think are out there?" I ask.

"No clue." Jin says with a sigh. "But I hope we can rescue as many as possible."
The boys glance at each other for a second before audibly looking away and redirecting their attention to Jin, who guides them towards an examination room.

"As you may have noticed, I'm a doctor." Jin says and the boys nod. "That means that I'm in charge of taking care of the hybrids health. Whether it's treating wounds or doing checkups, I'll be doing that."

"Do you have an assistant?" I ask and Jin shyly nods.

"Yes, my sister will be helping us as well."

"She finished school?" Namjoon asks and Jin nods.

"She's officially a nurse now, and my official assistant. We are tying to contact only those that can be trusted. That way we avoid putting the hybrids in danger."

The boys walk around the room, pointing at different machines and utensils, asking Jin what each one does. By Jin's kind smile, I can tell that he is more than happy to explain.

"Every time I treat you, I'll explain what I'm going to do before hand, that way I don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable." Jin explains and Teahyung gives him a doubtful look but nods nonetheless in the end.

"In this area we have the living quarters." Jin says turning on the light switch of one of the long hallways. "We kept the rooms simple since we don't know much about hybrids needs but if we missed anything, do let us know."

Taehyung walks into one of the rooms and sniffs it slightly, making his way towards one of the beds and sitting on it to examine it. Jimin joins him and together they slightly bounce on the bed, laying down for a few seconds. When Taehyung is pleased with the exploration of the room, he goes back to Jin and gives him a boxy grin.

"This is perfect Jin hyung. I'm sure the hybrids will like it."

"Really?" Jin asks smiling back. "I really hope so."

"Will the hybrids have to stay here forever?" Jungkook asks, his ears dropping a little, his question surprising Namjoon and I.

We hadn't really thought about that.

"No. The plan is to take care of the hybrids here until they are stable enough to live in the outside world." Jin replies.

"But won't the world be afraid of us?" Taehyung asks. "Besides, humans are dangerous and mean to hybrids." He adds in a low voice, his tone dropping at the end.

Jin notices this and offers him a smile.

"As of now we are preparing a small community in the outskirts of the city where hybrids can leave peacefully without any human disturbances, but our main mission is to protect you and help you live a regular life."

Taehyung pauses for a second and slowly nods, walking back towards us.

The whole time that Jin gave us the tour, he directed and explained everything mostly to the hybrids, which I deeply appreciate, since they are the ones affected by this situation the most, and I can tell that he has gained some of the hybrids' trust.

The hybrids' ears perk up and start moving around, making us turn around to see what caught their attention.

Moments later, a large garage door opens and a motorcycle drives in, the driver killing the engine as he steps off the bike.

The hybrids eye the new approaching figure and take a step back, except for Jimin, who remains in place.

The man wearing a leather jacket stops halfway and takes off his black helmet, running his hands through his dark hair, then he continues approaching until he is standing in front of us.

All I can think as I see him is how cool he looks. There's something warm and welcoming about him, but at the same time, there is an aura of intensity surrounding him.

"Everyone," Jin says, "this is Jung Hoseok. Our special agent."

"Nice to meet you." Hoseok says flashing a heart shaped smile.

" Hoseok says flashing a heart shaped smile