4

^Angel

Slowing my run to a trot, I stop at a stream for a water break. As I'm peacefully licking up water, I hear quiet rustling and the snap of a twig. If I were any other wolf, I might not have heard it. My ears perk up and I sniff the air to determine who is hunting me. Aiden. I quickly jump out of the way just as a big brown wolf lunges for me. I pounce on him as he falls to the ground and pin him there.

'Better luck next time Aiden', I say

'Grr, how do you fucking do that?!', Aiden whines

'A good trickster never reveals their secrets' I give him my best wolf smile

Getting off him, I run to the tree I hid my clothes in and shift back, quickly getting changed. When I'm done, Aiden has done the same.

"Angel, you have to teach me your ways", Aiden begs

"You already know I can't", I say, "Sorry I just happen to be better than you."

"Oh, don't be so humble sis. You're better than everyone."

"Aww! Thanks Bro."

"You're welcome. By the way, mom and dad wanted to know if you're coming for dinner."

"Is mom making her meat lovers lasagna?"

"You know it."

"I'll be there. But I have to go meet with Luke first. He's got news for me or something. So you go ahead."

"Alright sis. See you later."

"Bye."

I turn in the direction of home so I can freshen up for dinner. I wonder if Luke has an assignment for me. Luke is a member on the wolf shifter council. And I usually only see him for assignment and other news from the council.

It's been exactly three years since I ran from the Blackwell pack, my 18th birthday being yesterday. And it was the best fucking decision I ever made. I lived as a rogue the first 3 months, which of course was dangerous since other wolves would try to kill me for being rogue if I traveled into their territory and also other rogues would pick fights. That all changed when I stumbled on the White Moon pack.

Flashback

I woke from my slumber in the small cave I was staying in when I heard crying. It was pretty far away, but I get up and follow the sound to a small clearing in the forest.

There, surrounded by three rogues, was a child of no more than 5 years. There was a bleeding gash on the boys arm. It was small, but leaking enough for him to die if he lost too much blood. I need to act quick.

Taking in the rogues, I realize I've fought these guys before. Were they really so savage that they'd kill a small child? I sneak up on them and lunge at the one closest to the child. He was so caught off guard that I'm able to snap his already bared neck with my hands. One down, two to go.

I advance on the other two, leading them away from the child. I'm on the offensive and ready to pounce, but the other two wolves turn tail and run away. What a bunch of pussies.

I turn back to the kid and crouch in front of him. He's looking a little dizzy from the blood loss so I take him back to my cave. Laying him down, I grab my first aid kit and find a roll of gauze and a cloth. I can't really tend to his wounds, but I need to at least slow the flow of blood. Folding the cloth and holding it onto the cut, I gently rap the gauze as tight as I can around his small arm.