Chapter: 17

Emma

I move quickly as I only use my human strength, I dodge the hits that swing my way as my opponent tries to beat me. Just as he moves for another swing I quickly catch his hand and twist it behind him as I kick the back of his knee making him kneel and groan in pain.

"Ha told you I would win!"

I cheered as I let go of him and hi five Jade. Two days have gone by very quickly and this guy decided to challenge me to a fight. Saying that us girls should stick to house work. Boy was he wrong to say those words.

"Hope that changes your mind pup. I only used my human strength, now imagine if I used my wolf strength." I smirk at him while he just huffed and rolled his eyes.

"You win, I'm sorry alright" with that he quickly left the field.

"Em do you always have to scare my warriors away like that?" Neil said as he walks up to us. "Not my fault that they aren't strong enough to beat me, but oh you see them talk trash like there's nothing that can take them down" I tell him with a shrug.

He just shakes his head as he gives us an amused look.

"So what are your plans for today? I mean other than beating up all my men." Neil asked as the three of us walk through the training field to the pack house.

"Don't know." Was my answer.

But I knew what I wished I wanted to do. Today is my babies 11th birthday, a special day that I would have to miss yet again. I really need to find that guy and put an end to him. The faster that happens the sooner I'll get to be with my loved ones.

Neil didn't say anything else neither did Jade. The rest of the way to the pack house was quiet but that was fine with me. It gave me time to think of how I could see my children. I really hope they like the gift I sent to them.

As we all entered the house I excused myself and left to my room.

I locked my door knowing that if I don't Jade would walk in without warning as usual. At this moment I need time to be alone. I sat in the middle of my bed as I took a deep breath in order to relax myself. Closing my eyes I try to listen to my surrounding.

I take another dee-"Em!!!"

Well there goes the moment. I open my eyes to find Jade slamming my door open. How did she...oh I see she has a key to my room. Wow just wow.

"What is it Jade?" I sigh as I get off the bed, crossing my arm over my chest with a raised eyebrow. "Guess what Em!" She shouts as he hugs me. "I don't know what is it woman" I say as I hold her by the shoulders. Expecting her to share what was so important.

"The date of the ball was moved to tomorrow!" She said as she jumped up and down clapping her ands like a five year old. "What? Why would they move the date?" This is weird usually the ball is always on the same date, so why change it. Something is not right.

"Beats me. But aren't you excited about it though cuz I am!" She sad as jumps on to my bed. She is so childish how can Neil handle her? I feel bad for the poor guy. "Alright my girl, so tell me have you told Neil yet?" As I say this she stops for a moment and her smile become a nevous one. "Well..." She bit her lip as she plays with her hands. I sigh "look Jade you shouldn't keep it from him much longer, he has the right to know. I know your scared I mean so was I when I first found out I was pregnant with William and Treasure. Everything will be fine honey."

"Fine! I'll tell him right now then!" She says as she stands up with determination. That's my Jade. "I'll tell him right after I take a shower and eat something or maybe after the ball?" I face palm myself. I take that back I don't know this girl.

"Jade just trust me everything will be just fine. Don't worry. You can do this, he will be happy Jade." "Okay. I can tell him" she says as she take a deep breath.

"Tell me what?"

We both turn to face none other than Neil. He looked at us questioningly.

" I'll let the to of you talk" I say as I pat Jade's shoulder giving her a reassuring smile.

Closing the door behind me I made my way down stairs and out the front door. Finally some time alone.

I run to the forest, I run as fast as I can making sure to dodge the trees and rocks.

No later I stop at a small clearing. I sat down as I take in my surrounding, closing my eyes I listen to the forest and all it's sounds.

I take a deep breath and slowly let it out.

The air around me becomes still and so do the sounds. I focused on my energy allowing it to become one with the forest. My hands now flat on the ground I feel as the earth beneth me also takes in my energy.

I search and search till I have found what I have been looking for. Although I can't be there physically I will be there in spirit. The celebration of my children is grand. Since my energy was combined with that of the forest I can only get so far.

They all look oh so happy, I have a hard time to contain my tears as I watch my little ones dressed in the clothes I sent for them.

I use the wind to gently blow them a message for me.

"Happy birthday my children mommy will always love you"

I watch as they both go still and look around as if to see where I was at.

Soon my children I will see you soon.

Although I made you forget me, deep down in your heart's I know I am there.

Throughout their party I watched them from a far.