Chapter 20: Well Damn

I shifted awake, sitting up suddenly and looking around the room for Spot. He was nowhere in sight. My eyes glanced at the clock reading 10:08am. What the hell, no one woke me to sell. I figured Spot would for sure wake my ass up. I quickly got dressed and ready, heading down the stairs and into the main room. I stopped short.

"Well, Damn" I mumbled.

"Damn is right" Jack snapped shooting up from the couch.

"What are yous doing here?" I said quietly, already knowing the answer.

"Spot sent Ace to fetch me this morning. Wes had a little talk and I's did not like what I heard." I glared at Spot who slowly stood up, licking his lips.

"I'll give yous two some privacy" he said starting to walk away towards the door.

"Oh no, stay Spot. That way yous can just tell me the truth when Mys lies."

"Jack!" I squeaked in protest. Spot turned back around to face me, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Is it true... what Victor did to ya?" Jack said. I didn't respond.

"Mys, answer me!" I have never seen Jack so angry. It kind of scared me. I slowly nodded. "The scars too?" Again, I nodded.

"What the hell Mys!" Why didn't yous tell me.

"Its not something I want to tell anyone!" I shot back.

"Mys, Is trusted ya and ya lied."

"Technically I didn't lie, I just didn't tell the whole truth."

"Don't get smart with me Mys. It's my job to look out for ya and how can I do that when I don't know what I'm dealin' with?!"" The two of us were silent for a minute. Jack ran his hand through his hair and Spot looked at the ground rocking back and forth on his heels. He looked like a little kid trying to ignore the uncomfortable silence.

"I...I'm sorry Jack." I said surrendering.

"Why didn't yous just tell me?"

"Be...because." I stuttered starting to cry. "It's embarrassing and... and I... I didn't want to relive it. Yous, don't get it. Yous don't... yous don't know what its like." I sobbed.

"Oh Mys." Jack sounded coming over to me and wrapping me in his arms. I took in his familiar sent. It immediately calmed me.

"I don't know what its like Mys, but I do knows that yous still should have told me" he said releasing me.

"I know." I mumbled not wanting to argue anymore.

"And yous saw Victor the other day, here in Brooklyn?" Spot nodded as a sounded a "yes." "Well, pack your things."

"What?" Spot and I said in unison.

"Pack your things. If Victor knows you're in Brooklyn and you're selling papes, he's bound to end up here. It's safer if yous come back to 'Hatten'." I looked at Spot, eyes wide.

"I don't think so" he said softly.

"What?" Jack said, eye brows raised.

"Yous risk moving her. Victor could see her."

"Not if wes disguise her."

"He's not stupid Jackie Boy. He'll recognize her."

"Really? Yous didn't recognize her before." Spot clenched his jaw, trying to hold back his anger.

"Jack, I'd like to stay here" I said softly.

"Yous would?" he asked confused.

"Yeah." I responded, turning to Spot. He seemed surprised. "I feels safe here. I's don't want to leave. Not right now." Jack sighed, running his hand through his hair before shoving it in his pocket.

"Alright Mys. If that's what yous want. I's just want what's best for you."

"I know" I said smiling slightly. "I'm sorry."

"Its alright" Jack said before pulling me in and kissing me on the head. He sighed heavily, looking at Spot and then back at me. "I's have to be heading out."

"But yous just got here" I whined. Spot and Jack spit and shook hands.

"I'll be in touch." Jack said turning around. Spot patted him on the back, walking with him to the door.

"Thank ya Spot."

"Sure thing Jackie Boy." I watched as Spot closed the door behind Jack, turning around to face me. I glared at him, my anger raging.

"What?"

"How dare you!" I spat.

"Excuse me?"

"Yous had no right Spot! You's had no right to tell him those things" I growled.

"Hold on Princess, I's did it for your own good" he said calmly

"My own good?! What does that even mean?!"

"Jack and I are trying to help ya out and protect ya here. How the hell can we do that if we don't know what we're protecting ya from?"

"You're protecting me from Victor. End of story. That was all yous needed to know!" I snapped more furious than ever.

"Mys yous need to calm down" Spot said placing a hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me. My arm flew up, blocking his hand.

"Don't touch me!" I lashed out, before tears streamed down my face. I turned around and retreated for the upstairs.

"Mys, come on!" I heard Spot yell after me. I ran through my room and into the bathroom, slamming the door and locking it in Spot's face. "Mys, come on! Open the door!" he pleaded. I didn't want to talk to him.

I couldn't believe that he told Jack. I mean, I know he probably meant well and what he said kind of made sense, but it wasn't his place. And now Jack knows. Spot and Jack know everything. It was so embarrassing! It makes me feel so disgusting and used. I talked to myself in my head. I need a shower, or better yet, a bubble bath. I smiled a bit and stripped off. I turned the faucet and watched the water flow into the porcelain tub.

"Mys, open this door now!" Spot growled as he pounded. I ignored him and placed some soap in the hot water. I stared aimlessly at the bubbles forming until the tub was full. I gingerly slipped in and let the water consume me and my problems. Everything just seemed to drift away.

"Mys!" Well except for Spot that is. I relaxed in the tub ignoring him for a long time. The water grew lukewarm and I began to shiver. Visions of Victor seeped into my mind causing me to shiver more. I still can't believe Spot told Jack. I rolled my eyes at the thought and heaved myself out of the tub before quickly wrapping up in a towel. It had been quiet now for a good long while. Spot must have given up I thought. I slowly dried off, unlocked the door and opened it. Spot shot up from beside the door startling me.

"What the hell! Where you there, waiting the entire time?"

"Yes I was! Since someone couldn't be bothered to open the door." I rolled my eyes at him walking past him and to my dresser. "Mys when I's tell you ta do something yous need ta listen" he huffed at me.

"Why, because you're the king?"

"Mys, enough with the attitude ok? I get that yous are pissed at me telling Jack, but..."

"No! You's don't get it Spot!" I interrupted turning to face him. "Yous don't... yous ...don't understand" I stuttered as I cried, Spot walking towards me. He embraced me, pulling me in closer and closer. I breathed his calming sent of pine and smoke in.

"I understand more than you know" he said softly rubbing my back. I pulled back and looked up at him. He looked down at me his eyes seeming to say something more.

"What does that mean?" I questioned, curious at his response.

"It means I understand more than yous think I do, princess." What did he mean by that? I thought as he pulled away and walked into his room, closing the door.

Here we go! First update in a long ass while. Sorry its kinda short, but I wanted to get something out there for you guys. So bear with me and I will update again soon. I hope you like it. Thanks for reading!!!