38. Hanky Panky With Mr. Cranky

I thought he was taking me to the living room but when he turned to the stairs and climbed up, I returned to my senses.

Why is he taking me to his room?

Does he want to do the.. Uhm.. Hanky panky?

Oh my God! Are my legs shaved?

Wait! What if I smell bad?

Shit! I'm wearing the most unflattering pair of undergarments. I'm not ready to get naked in front of him.

Oh God! Save me.

"Are you coming?" Adam's voice emerged from the other end of stairs and I looked at him with blank face. For a second, my dirty mind misinterpreted his words and when I realized what he was actually asking, I nodded and rushed up the stairs.

Entering his room, he motioned me to sit on the bed. And after I settled myself in the center of his bed, he flopped beside me and pulled out his notebooks and textbooks from his bag.

My eyes shifted between his face and the books while I tried to make the connection.

Is it some new kind of foreplay?

Wait! Oh, fuck.

"Did you bring me to your room to study?" I asked, cocking my head to one side.

"Obviously. We have a test tomorrow, remember? What else did you think?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Um.. Nothing." I said and cursed myself internally for having a dirty brain.

...

After studying for the test for about an hour, Adam went into the bathroom and I lied down on his bed. A Sceince magazine on the side of his pillow caught my attention and I picked it up. I was turning the pages when few papers appeared out of nowhere, folded nicely and hidden in between the magazine pages.

Straightening up, I gave a sharp look to those papers, my eyes widening with surprise when I read the subject of the letters.

Few seconds have passed when the papers were snatched from my hand. "It's unethical to read someone else's letters." he frowned at me but ignoring it, I hopped out of the bed and hugged him in excitement.

"Why didn't you tell me that you have received your acceptance letter from Harvard?" I shrieked in an excited voice and pulled apart, my hands still wrapped around his shoulders.

"I got one from Columbia University too." he said with a bored expressions and pulled apart, sitting on his bed and resting his head against the wall. .

"You got accepted by two Ivy League institutes and you are acting like it's not a big thing." I exclaimed and slouched down beside him. "Have you even told anyone Tiffany?"

"No." he said and opened his notebook again.

"But why?" I asked him and pulled the notebook away from his hands.

"Because it's not a big deal. Now stop with this nonsense." he spat in a sharp tone and I flinched, a wave of sadness hit me and I scooted away from him.

"Alicia!" he said guiltily as soon as I jumped out of his bed and prepared to leave.

"Alicia! I am sorry." he said again and gripped my wrist.

"L.. Leave my hand Adam." I said in the same sharp tone and jerked my hand away from him.

"I'm sorry Alicia." he whispered again, rushing in front of me and blocking my way.