21.

Ryan's Mercedes Benz slows down and he enters a code at the gate. I recall what transpired after Nimo realized I remembered her. The raw shock and shame on her face. And the innocent look of smitten Oliver. He had no idea. Poor guy! As I left I told her to end it with Oliver or I will.

"Here we are," Ryan says joyously.

His house bleeds opulence. It is humongous like the term itself. A castle to call it. Well-trimmed garden. A grand driveway and a statue of Mary, mother of Jesus. A religious family, I may say.

He takes my hand in his. A familiar wave of electricity travels down to my spine. I tug my Prada bag closer to me. I look down at my simple white dress that goes beyond my knees and my brown doll shoes. It looks the part.

He pulls me with him towards the porch. A man meets us by the door. "Welcome master Ryan." He says taking my coat and bag.

Ryan flashes him a significant smile, "Thank you, Will."

His mother appears wearing a bright smile. "Welcome, dear." She gives me a motherly hug.

Ryan hugs and kisses her on her cheek. He must be close to his mother.

"You have a lovely home." I compliment, my eyes feasting on the interior decor.

"Thank you, and call me Sophie."

She leads us to the living room. A spacious big room with a fireplace that gives it a smell of the forest, white classy couches, a big flat screen mounted on a wall.  The walls are bare of any decorations.

There are albums on the coffee table. After being seated and having relaxed she hands me one, "Dinner will be served in a few, meanwhile, just relax. Water or juice?"

"Water is fine." I nod.

"Am happy you came," Ryan says seated beside me.

"Me too."

He shifts uncomfortably, his eyes blinking severally. "Mmh..." He clears his throat. "— I wanted to ask you this earlier at the Cafe." He hesitates momentarily, "Cara, Will you be my girlfriend?"

Quinn hinted at it at the Cafe but hearing it from Ryan, still stupefies me.

"I don't know what to say."

"Yes, is the perfect answer."

Ryan is good-looking, he has that boyish charm. His silent nature is the most attractive and mysterious aspect of him. I can't say I don't like him.

"Can I at least think about it?" I ask.

"Okay, maybe this will make you think faster."

Before I can comprehend, I feel his soft lips against mine. The act paralyzes me on the spot. His sweet lips move against mine, his tongue coercing its way, "Please baby... " he whispers. That is enough to make me give in and forget we are at his parent's house. He pushes his tongue inside. I melt in his arms, his tongue tango with me like an expert. His hands feasting my hair. My body feels alive like a spark has been ignited, he pushes me close until our bodies are flushed together, I can't get enough until someone clears their throat.

We both jump away from each other. I feel my body heating up in shame. I know it's his mother until Ryan speaks.

"What are you doing here, Quinn!" He barks in anger. "I thought you were having dinner with Courtney's parents."

I look up and I am met with Quinn's cold stare. He doesn't blink as his eyes glare back at me and for once I can read his emotion, anger; murderous anger. What is wrong with him?