Chapter Twenty One: The Gift of Spark

Candillice was disheartened by her failure to complete the task that Tiya had given to her. Not only had she failed to find the great warriors, the mission had also cost her the loss of her golden wheel. 

"Mother and the council will be very disappointed in me" She cried.

Sam stepped closer to look at the grey wheel.

He noticed that on the wheel appeared to be the same symbol of what looked like an ancient Egyptian cat that was on his pendant. He placed his fingers near the symbol. 

A spark emitted from his finger startling Candillice, she grabbed the wheel away from Sam.

"What was that?" She asked Sam. 

"I dunno?" he replied.

She thought there was something very peculiar about Sam. Candillice decided not to leave her wheel behind and placed it back in her bag after having one more look at it.

"It had a very lovely song," Sam said in an effort to console her.

"What is your name?" She stood up and then asked.

"My name is Sam, what is yours?"

"I'm Candillice!" She replied and he shook her furry hand.

Carlyle walked up behind them as he did not trust Sam alone with her.

"Let's not stick around to smell the catnip it's time to leave," Carlyle said with urgency in his voice. They left towards the lobby and walked outside to see that it was dark out, none of the Virillian Underlings were anywhere to be seen. The only light came from large screens that were broadcasting an emergency evacuation notice.

"Psst Sam where's Toido and uh also where's Rufus and June?" Reegan asked.

"I think we have to go back to the water park that's where they were last?"

Sam answered but he knew that it would be a lot of walking to get there and he didn't even know how to walk to the lower levels where the dungeon was. He thought about it for a brief moment before coming up with an idea.

"My dad's car might still be in the hangar let's go get it!" Sam said.

"Sounds like a plan!" Reegan yelled.

"Were going to the hangar to get the car, Don't go anywhere! Wait right here!" Reegan yelled. Sam pointed towards a tower in the rock wall that was not far from the theatre.

It didn't take long for them to find the Wagon. It was still in the hangar where they left it, but they did find it odd that the hangar door was wide open with the car was sitting outside. 

Reegan and Sam took a brief moment to look around at the sight of the outdoor scenery.

"This really is another world isn't it Reegan?" Sam asked.

Reegan nodded then looked at Sam with his mouth wide open.

"It's the find of the century Sam!" Reegan shouted excitedly.

"You remember what form LyrAndal took do you?" Reegan asked.

"A big cat man?" Sam replied as Reegan turned to look over his recorded film footage.

"And now we have found a group of feline people! They could be connected to the legend of LyrAndal. . . . I have a really good feeling Sam!" Reegan said.

Sam listened to Reegan as he looked for the keys.

"Sometimes it seemed like only Nallany and I believed those old stories" Reegan explained.