Chapter Twenty Three: LyrAndal's Glass

"This cannot be true perhaps I should test this thing! Show me my son!" Andrew asked and the glass showed Andrew his son Kenneth flying around outside enjoying himself.

"Where is Sam now?" Andrew asked and the glass showed Sam sitting in the Wagon with Reegan next to him and he could see the Wagon was packed full of Tigris. It looked as though Sam was hiding something from their view in his hand perhaps holding the pendant that was around his neck as he stared out the window.

The glass of LyrAndal showed a wider view of where the Wagon was heading and Andrew knew that where it was going now meant that both his nephew and the Ambassador would soon be beyond his reach.

Andrew was now certain this must be the true Glass of LyrAndal, it shows people the future and answers their questions. In the past he had used this Relic but only for a brief time as he became fearful of it. He was certain of it's authenticity but he had one more test to know for sure.

"Many years ago you showed me my fate, I want. I want you to show it to me once more!" Andrew shouted.

The glass became dark and Andrews brow filled with sweat as the glass began to show the scene that Andrew dreaded. It was a scene that fueled his nightmares for over a decade.

The image in the glass was of Adimniss standing over Andrew, she was an incredibly powerful being in a form much more powerful than the form she took when she attacked Earth. Dark energy swirled around her like a raging fire, many Negatis ships were in the sky above her and Andrew stood alone in opposition as though he were the last free man in all of the Universe who stood against her.

"I told you I would get you Andrew! You are pathetic! Now. . . .Die!" Adimniss screamed at him as she summoned enough power to destroy an entire solar system, She formed it into an intense and fiery energy spike that produced lightning and sparks. Andrew watched as his future self cried out in tremendous pain.

"You will experience more pain than anyone has experienced ever in all of time. . . . . I will enjoy with great pleasure watching your slow demise!" Adimniss screamed at Andrew with a sadistic tone. The energy from the spike hit him as he laid helpless and defeated at her feet.

"NO! My fate it remains the same!" Andrew yelled as he backed away from the glass. It had been a very long time since he had seen this event. The first time he had no idea who Adimniss was, this prompted him to ask many questions of the glass about Queen Adimniss, the Negatis and their origins. He hoped that having knowledge would help to change the future but the events shown to him in the glass always remained the same.

But there was something new this time, Andrew heard laughter from the glass and then next the laughter was in the room with Andrew. He looked around the room for the source of the laughter, his eyes turned to the mirrors. the mirrors above were laughing at him.

The fire died down it was now only burning half as much as several shadow men appeared in the mirrors, they stopped laughing and began to whisper to each other. Andrew felt very afraid of the dark shadow men he was seeing in the mirrors. He became hysterical and started to converse with them.

"Am I doomed to simply stand here and watch this glass of horrors as what it has shown me comes true!" Andrew shouted. He began to pace around the room. Andrew gazed deeply into LyrAndal's Glass. He knew that he could trust what the Relic showed him. He gazed deeply for the answer to his next question.

"How can I stop Adimniss?" He asked hopelessly but the vision of his fate remained unchanged with him standing alone against her and being destroyed.

"How can Adimniss be stopped?" Andrew asked again with frustration and anger. This time the Glass shone brightly and a new image appeared to Andrew and this time it was that of a crystal within a small statue. There was a quick glimpse of a girl with green hair that was trapped within. It was something incredibly ancient but he knew the history.