Chapter Twenty Four: 3.5D

Hours later aboard her star ship Captain Choleska leaned over one of her bridge crews console. She was helping him pour through star charts and data. She was very busy multitasking as she looked through scan data that was coming in fast.

It was a big mystery how the signal Toido sent them was originating from empty space.

She had also asked one of the Earth Space Fleet's ships to orbit the Sun further behind them. The Captain of this ship had just sent her an image of what they were seeing through their view ports. It was the campsite of Reegan's last gathering on Earth. It was floating in space.

"Report Captain Kent. What is that there?" Captain Choleska asked the captain of the small star ship.

"Oooooh mercy what we got here is what we don't got here!" the Captain responded.

"So you can confirm what our scanners are reading?" Nallany asked.

"That's an affirmative it's a goner. Negatis too. Something done went and sucked em all in!"Captain Kent reported.

"A black hole?" Nallany responded.

"HORSE HOCKEY! I don't know what it was but I can tell you one thing with ABSOLUTE certainty all that's left of planet Earth here is that chunk O land you see right there Ohhh Mercy!" the Captain responded. "What is going on behind you?" Captain Choleska heard some noise in the background behind Kent and looked to see what it was. One of Captain Kent's crew members was crying because she grew up on Earth, he left to console her.

"We cannot be certain what has happened to Earth. There were other Ambassadors and members of the Star Nations down there, we are still receiving positive life monitor readings from them!" Nallany explained.

"Captain Kent I would like to ask if you could maintain your position and continue to investigate until we return."

"Aye Aye Commander we wont abandon this post until you return. You can count on us!" Captain Kent accepted the request from Captain Choleska for him and his crew of the star ship Solstice.

A loud beeping sound came from the communications officer's console and Nallany ended her transmission with Captain Kent to answer what appeared to be a distress call.

Nallany tried to maintain composure as this was important for her command but she was becoming annoyed at all of the distractions keeping her from the important work that needed to be done.

A frown momentarily slipped upon her face. But she had a duty to answer the distress call and asked for it to be played on the screen in the middle of the bridge so the bridge crew could see it.

"Nallany is that you? I'm in trouble here," It was Ambassador Reegan.

Captain Choleska jumped out of her seat and with her eyes wide open and a smile on her face walked down the steps of the second level of the bridge to see the image of Reegan on the distress call's video channel.

The entire bridge crew stood up when they heard the distress call and the intelligence officers began to pinpoint the location of the signal. It was from a life pod that was floating in space which appeared to be smoking and leaking some kind of liquid. It gave the appearance that it was disabled.

"Set a course for that life pod!" Captain Choleska commanded as she ran towards the bow of the bridge. The bridge was designed like a transparent bubble atop a tower over the rest of the ship which allowed an open view of space. She eagerly awaited as the stars all changed position when the ship was turning to face the pod.