Chapter Twenty Five

Early upload.

Enjoy...

Chapter Twenty Five

“Rose?” I stared into his green eyes. They were full of concern, full of warmth that it hurt to look in them. I didn’t want to see it. I couldn’t take it. I knew this would happen, I knew that if I got close, if I let my barriers down he would sneak his way into my heart. Intentionally or unintentionally, it didn’t matter. What did matter was that I knew I was going to lose somebody and I just couldn’t and wouldn’t let that happen.

This was my mess and I was going to clean it up without the help of the rest. I didn’t need them to get involved. I love the guys too much to ever risk them from getting any serious injury or worse. I shuddered at the thought of ever losing one of my boys.

I shook my head and smiled up at Drake. It was forced and it killed me to be fake with my emotions but I had no other option. If something was to ever happen to him because of me, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself…ever.

“I’m going to head home now, thank you for having us over,” I rushed out, getting up quickly from his lap and speed walking around the table and towards the door to the living room. He hadn’t even blinked his eyes before he seemed to understand what I said.

“Come on Tommy, it’s time to go,” I grabbed his hand before he could even nod, pulling him up and practically dragging him to the front door, not before giving a hurried kiss on the cheek to Ana. I knew Cathy had gone out to overlook the coffee shop so I didn’t have to worry about saying goodbye to her since she would be back late.

I saw Tommy open his mouth, most probably to protest about my shoving but I gave him one of my severe stern look and he knew to keep his mouth shut. I never use that look, ever but desperate times call for desperate measures. If I stayed here any longer, Drake will get it out of me. I couldn’t tell him, there were eyes on us, they could hear us and I knew now, I had no choice but to be careful around him.

My hand was on the door handle, halfway down to fully pushing it downwards to open it until I saw Drake’s hand wrap around my wrist. His grip was tight but not hurtful when he saw I didn’t move my hand away from the handle.

“What’s going on Rose?” his voice was… worried.

“Nothing, I just really need to get home and yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow, maybe or like some other time if you want, like its not necessary to see each other everyday now is it? I mean I might get sick of you and like who hangs around together all the time and…” I stopped when Drake’s hand pulled away from my wrist as if I had electrocuted him. I bit down on my tongue as I lied through my teeth. I was rambling and a lot of bull crap was coming out of my mouth.

“What?” his voice was barely above a whisper. It was so hollow and empty that something ached in my heart. I was being stupid, I was acting like one of those girls who don’t say anything yet end up ruining it in the end till the guy saves the day but that’s the thing, I always work my way out of these things… alone.

That’s how I lived my life now, solo.

“Drak-“

“Your asking if I want to see you? Your sick of me?” he looked at me as if I was a stranger, as if he didn’t know me.

I looked up at him while Tommy stayed silent, looking down at his shoes.

“No Drak-“

“Fuck. I’m such a twat,” he slammed his fist to the side of the wall and I flinched, looking down at Tommy to see his eyes still downcast. I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a look that told him to get in the living room. He didn’t waste any time before speed walking his way back to Ana.