5

^This is the order their rides arrive at Blackwell in
1. Angel [Ducati SuperSport]
2. Blake & Ariel [2018 Cadillac Escalade]
3. Naomi (Angel's car) [2018 Audi Q5]
4. Aiden & Danielle [2018 Chevy Silverado]

Angel's Pov

I tune myself out to everything around me as we get closer to the Blackwell pack house. I try to act like coming back here doesn't bother me but anyone who knows how I feel already knows I was freaking out. As long as I can keep a cool head, I'll be fine. Deep breaths.

Don't get me wrong, I am far from afraid of the pack, least of all my so called family. It's them that need my help. But at least two months being around them will be awkward as hell. And it doesn't help that I won't be able to resist exerting my dominance while still hiding what I really am.

My five minutes is up as we pull up to the pack house. And there standing on the lawn is the alpha, luna, and some of their enforcers. My friends get out and gather around me while I wait on my bike, not removing my helmet.

Alpha Lambert and Luna Martha haven't aged a day since I left. They weren't bad to me like the rest of the pack, but they never tried to help me either. They just stood by and pretended they didn't notice how I was being treated when they had the power to stop it. And for that I hate them just as much as I hate the rest of their damned pack. Weak people like that shouldn't be in positions of power.

The alpha and his entourage, finally noticing that we aren't going to make the first move, walk up to us. As Luna Martha is about to greet us, someone bursts through the front door and runs toward our gathering. Mate. It's Eric panting and looking at each of us frantically.

"Eric, what the hell has gotten into you?!", the alpha growls

"MATE! My mate is here", Eric rushes out

He turns to us again pointing at us until stopping at me. "You are my mate. Take your helmet off!"

Blake and Aiden step closer to me on each side of the bike and I hear a low growl emit from Eric.

"It's okay guys, I'm fine", I say to my friends

I get off the bike and step towards Eric. He smiles like a giddy child and as he goes to remove my helmet, I knee him in the crotch. And he's down! The alpha and luna gasp to my right, but are both clearly lost for words. I step back and whip my helmet off.

Everyone gathered to meet us collectively gasps, including those of the pack eavesdropping from behind curtains. The sound prompts Eric to get up and look at me. To say shock was evident on his face would be the understatement of the year.

"A-a-angel?", Eric stammers

"The one and only, dip-shit".

He glosses over my insult and continues raking his eyes over me.

"Y-you look d-different. But a g-good different."

"Thanks but no thanks. We are here for a job and that's it." I turn to the alpha who still hasn't spoken and Blake steps up to my side again. Even though I'm no longer part of his pack, he needs to start the greeting as a formality for members of his pack tagging along. I could introduce myself as the council's warrior, but I'll let Blake do the honors.

"Alpha Lambert, Luna Martha, I am Blake Fields of the White Moon pack. My friends here are Aiden and Naomi Roark, Aiden's mate Danielle, my mate Ariel, and Angel."

"Uh it's a pleasure to meet you Blake", Alpha Lamber says, "Am I right to assume you are the Alpha's son?"

"Yes sir."

"Okay. So which one of you is the council's warrior? Or is it you?"

"No sir. Angel is their warrior and your pack's new trainer."

All heads turn to me once again and the commotion heard from in the house dies immediately.

"That's not possible!", Eric snorts with a crude laugh, "she's just an omega."

"Check your nose jackass", Aiden defends, "does she smell like an omega to you?"

Not to my surprise, Eric and their crew take a whiff of me and their faces scrunch up in uncertainty.

"She doesn't smell like an omega but I can't identify her rank either", Martha says

"How is that possible?" John (Lambert) asks, "you don't smell like you're tied to a pack either, but also not a rogue."

"That's because I am neither. Two years ago the council granted my petition to become an independent Lone wolf. But you can't smell that either because I am masking my scent."

"If you're masking your scent, how did I know you were my mate?", Eric asks

"Mates are kind of the exception. You didn't even smell me, it was just a mental thing."

"Okay but if you're not an omega, what are you then?"

"Enough. We are way off topic here. My rank is of no concern to you as long as you know I'm strong enough to kick your ass and train your pack."

"Do NOT talk to me like that!", Eric shouted, "Your rank does concern me because we are mates! This is my pack and you will show me respect!"

"ERIC!", booms John, "The pack is not yet yours and you will do well to remember that. You have cousins who are certainly more than qualified to take your place!"

I couldn't hold back the small smirk inching its way up on my face.

"Uhm, why don't we all take this into the office?", Martha finally spoke, "I'm sure you all must be tired so we should discuss the details of your stay and get you all settled."

"Good idea. Plus, the office is soundproof so we can have a more private conversation."

"Lead the way John", I goad my former alpha. He tries to mask the pained grimace on his face with a tight smile but otherwise stays quiet and leads us into the house.