Memories

Standing in front of her tiny closet, Camille looks at the beautiful dress fighting to stay inside. A dress that she could never be able to afford in a lifetime. The embroidery of tiny diamonds makes it glow with the dim lights of her room. Camille reaches out to hold it, hoping that if she makes the dress disappear she can start anew. The image of her stressed out mother, the pained look on Adam's face and the anger in Paige's voice give her the courage she needs.

Her heart slams against her chest with an unknown sentiment of grief and desolation. Something in her soul rips apart if she destroys the only connection she has to a place she wants to go back.

"God! What's wrong with me!" she shouts frustrated, a wave of uncontrollable anger raises in her. She fights the tears off her eyes while griping on the dress.

"Why can't I do this?" she cries.

"Camille?" Jordan pops his head behind the door, the evident worry in his eyes makes her stop her tantrum. Throwing the dress back on her bed, she breathes in deeply to face her brother.

"Hey..." she answers him under her breath.

Jordan is one of her weakness and to keep him happy, she has endured the ghoulish abused of his father. Until he could grow to be a totally different human, someone better than the monster that gave him life.

"Can I come in?" he asks skeptically looking at the dress.

"Of course, JJ. What's wrong?" Noticing the hesitation in his big eyes, Jordan holds his hands together, trying to find the right words to express his concern to his sister.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Camille asks shifting her concern towards him.

Jordan is aware of the fact that Camille has endured so much for his sake. He knows that she's not happy, and even when he loves Adam like an older brother; Jordan wants his sister to figure out her life before it's too late.

Ready to give her the push she needs, Jordan looks up to his enchanting eyes. Someone who has been an angel to him, and returning her sacrificial favor is the least he can do for her. Jordan takes her hand to find the strength and to give her the strength she needs to let go. His eyes gaze at her with the most honest love she has ever seen.

"I'm sorry you have to go through so much because of us, because of me..." Jordan starts with deep endearment, making her heart shrink with sadness.

"You've been so good at covering your pain until I realized what a monster dad really is..." the abhor he feels towards his father, showing in every word and tears forming in his eyes.

"I love Adam, but you're my sister Camille, and you're not happy here. Go back! Go back to him." he shocks her with a sudden suggestion.

"That man is watching over you, ever since you came back... he's strong and he promised to make you happy no matter what," a little tremble scapes his throat.

"What man? Jordan, what are you saying?" Camille stutters with difficulty, trying to understand why the boy looks so tormented.

"Jordan, calm down..." Camille pleads urgently, knowing that anything can trigger an asthma attack on him.

"I'm fine, I'm not a kid anymore Camille!" he stops her. Her eyes widen with surprise.

"I'm strong now. I can take care of mom, so don't worry about us," he argues with determination. The passion and truth in his words leave her speechless.

"That man, I can see it in his eyes. The way he looks at you, not even Adam could look at you like that. You're his life." Jordan gives his all to make his beloved sister free and be happy for once and for all.