Target 40 - Kawahira Pt. 1

"Maybe at the part where you reintroduce yourself, Kawahira-san."

The room turned so cold so fast. Freezing, in fact, as if all of the life and warmth had been sucked out of it. The white-haired man gazed at Tsunayoshi, his eyes boring into the other man's skull.

"I don't know what you mean, Tsunayoshi," he protested simply, slurping his noodles. The sudden drop in the atmosphere of the room did not change.

"I'm not stupid."

"I never claimed you were."

"When I mentioned Kawahira and Talbot your eyebrow twitched. It's an involuntary reaction. I know that Talbot has the pacifiers, and Renato has mentioned that Kawahira would be able to explain things to me better than they ever could. They also said that they might as well find Kawahira and introduce me to him personally because he would find a way regardless."

"My my, an insightful one. How bothersome but oddly exciting, it's getting me all hot and bothered," he replied, tone flat, "well, I go by many names, but Kawahira is the one I've decided to take on this millennium."

The aura brightened. Now, it had a general warmth and comfort to it, a tell-tale sign of sky melbourn.

"My name is Kawahira, and I am the Tri-ni-sette administrator," he said, "the Tri-ni-sette includes the Arcobaleno pacifiers, the Vongola rings and the Mare rings, which are all relics."

Tsuna nodded, settling comfortably in his seat.

"I think I understand that part. The pacifiers help them with control, right?" the brunette said.

Kawahira hummed, slurping up more of his noodles. His eyes glinted behind the frames of his glasses.

"That is exactly right, but they also restrain that power. That's why the Arcobaleno are seen as cursed demons. Even with those limits, they can destroy entire countries if they please. It is quite bothersome," the man explained.

"I see..."

"No matter. What would you like to know?"

"Where do I even start?" Tsuna asked himself, trying to organise the questions running through his mind logically. There was general information about the Arcobaleno, the Vindice and their role, Talbot, the Mares...

Then there is also Kawahira himself. How and why Reborn and the others became the Arcobaleno; what is shadow melbourn? How does it work exactly?

There's also the question of who he is. Was his ancestor really a Nerilian? And, if so, what does it mean for him? Does it impact him in any way?

"Whatever you need. I'll answer them all to the best of my ability," Kawahira told him, "truthfully, some things I will not be able to tell you, but I think it will be important for you to learn some of these things by yourself."

"What is the Tri-ni-sette?"

"Ah, starting with the big ones, hm?" Kawahira teased lightly, "the Tri-ni-sette consists of three groups of seven, as I'm sure you already know- the Arcobaleno pacifiers, the Mare rings, and the Vongola rings."

"I guess you could say that they keep the balance of power. The Arcobaleno rule over Nerilia, the Vongola's domain is here, Earth, and the Mares tend to... bounce around."

Tsuna nodded and tapped his thumbs on the edge of his cup.

"What do you mean by they 'bounce around'?" he asked curiously.

"The Mares can traverse between the planes with little to no difficulty," Kawahira began, "and their leader is a Nerilian as well- a sky. He has a special ability that allows him to talk to other versions of himself from other timelines and alternate universes."