1.3.25: X DRUG

Exactly one week later, Ling Qiu was surprised that the pathologists had the results. She was amazed but remembered that Kang Yiyi told her that she would handle it. It seemed like the heiress had indeed handled it for it to be handled this soon.

She was anxiously pacing back and forth in the office of Qiang Yue. He was nonchalant for the most part before he told her that she needs to calm down.

"I can't. That witch could try anything."

"Witch? Ling Qiu, she is no witch and you know that. She is very kind."

"Yet she played you and lied to you..." the high level of sarcasm from her didn't escape Qiang Yue's ears. He only frowned and then the door opened. The large, orange envelope was easily conspicuous in the hands of the person who brought it. Ling Qiu didn't bother with the person who had the envelope and quickly grabbed it.

Shooing away whoever brought it, she carefully closed the doors. She took a deep breath. Before she could open it, Qiang Yue quickly added, "It's not too late for you to stop." For some odd reason, his heart was beating fast like there was a danger that was going to happen.

"For what? Pride? If there's any chance that she did something to Uncle Luo, then I would rather lose every bit of pride to get him justice." Her fervor made him astonished yet more worried. What if Xiahu Yunhua had pulled such a stunt?

But then he calmed down when he remembered her personality. She may have lied to him about some things, but she was never a murderer. "Go ahead. I'll be driving you to apologize to her afterward."

His confident statement made Ling Qiu nervous. Her only sliver of hope was that she should believe in Kang Yiyi. If the girl had not pulled what she promised, then her pride would be shattered into pieces.

Her fingers scraped through the top of the envelope's top, waiting to be torn. She paused. What if the pathologists hadn't found anything?

"Why aren't you opening it? Is it because you know she is a good woman?" Hearing him defending her, Ling Qiu clenched her fists. With one quick move, the envelope was open and the papers inside were visible. She took them out and her eyes skimmed the contents. Her heart, along with his heart, beat fast for different reasons, but both simultaneous with worry.

Finally, a small smirk appeared on her face that was hidden by the paper she was reading. Quickly making her eyes wet, she dropped the papers and was visibly shaking. "H-How is this possible?"

Her reaction nearly caused Qiang Yue's heart to stop. He picked up the papers from the floor and read them. His eyes widened like he couldn't believe what he was reading. "X DRUG was found in his body?"

"She did do something—"

"Let's not jump to conclusions. Also, I find it suspicious that you always tried to pin it on her even before the results were out." That made Ling Qiu freeze as he continued, "X DRUG cannot be bought easily unless from the black market... Even then, she needs her sources to get them for her. We need to handle this calmly."

"Calmly!? I will take this to the police right now! X DRUG needs only a little bit to be deadly and give the victim an overwhelming amount of rush, meaning they'll die. Who was the last person that Uncle saw?"

"Ling Qiu... this decision is with me, not you."

Seeing that he wasn't budging, she could only bite her lip to prevent herself from ruining their plan. Instead of responding, she turned around and left.

He sighed as he clutched the papers... For everyone's sake, he deeply hoped that she was innocent. Otherwise, nobody could help her.