chapter 1

This is messed up, this situation is soo messed up, my life is messed up...I'm... messed up.

A teenager like me shouldn't be going through this stuff. I'm only 17, I deserve better. Why me?

I'm locked in my room drawing, while my mother is in the other room having sex with some new guy. She and dad broke up a while ago, when I was 8 years old. I have been taking care of her every day. I get up early in the morning and clean her up. I want to quit school but I need a job when I'm older. I need a life. My life.

I'll be 18 next summer that way I can maybe get out of here.

It's just so hard to see mum like this, she goes out drinking with the money her father left her when he passed away. She also used to save money for me, for my education but she's now spending them for herself.

Grandma sometimes drives here and meets me after school to give me money. We would talk for a while, she always tells me to go live with her and she would put my mother in a place far from me.

I began walking home after a stressful day at school. I put in one of my earphones and I put some music on. My hands in my jacket and I walked slowly with my head down.

I thought about my mum, how I will have to leave her alone. I get the fact that she's an addict but she's still my mum.

I started to tear up and just as I was about to get my hand out of the jacket to dry my tears I felt two large strong hands grab me by the waist and pull me up. Was I getting kidnapped?

Then I felt my feet touch the sidewalk and I quickly turned around in shock to see a blue-eyed man standing tall in front of me wearing a jacket, white shirt, and grey sweatpants. I took out my earphones.

"Are you okay?" he was breathing rapidly.

"U-um y-yes sir i-I'm fine" I felt my cheeks blush.

"You should be more careful next time, that car almost hit you".

He saved me.

"Miss?" he cut my thoughts. I shook my head. His hand was on my shoulder.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Yeah, uh, it's been a stressful day. Thank you though" I smiled.

"It's okay. Get home safe okay?" he smiled back.

"Yeah. Which way are you going?" I asked trying to keep conversation.

"That way" he pointed in the opposite way of my house.

"Oh, I go this way. Thank you for saving me though"

"No problem sweetie." He winked and waved. I waved back.

I walked back home with a smile on my face. I took out my keys and they jingled as I tried to unlock the door but I couldn't. I knocked on it but no one answered. I entered through the back door.

"Mum?" I called out.

I looked at my phone to see the time. It was 5.30. Maybe she went out earlier today.

I went into my room and let out a big sigh. I changed into my pyjamas and closed my eyes, slowly drifted off and slept.

The next day {Thursday}

I slept so early yesterday. I woke up and made some lunch for me for school. I also took breakfast today, which I never really get to do in the mornings. It was going to be a good day, at least that's what I kept telling myself.

After school, I decided to walk faster and go to the same place I met him. I set on a bench and I sat there waiting, hoping to see him.

Half an hour passed and I got bored. I got out my sketchbook and began to draw.

It was getting a bit colder. I checked my phone and an hour has passed, so I decided to go home for today.

While I was showering I kept wondering what could've happened to him. Should I be worried? Or maybe he went jogging in the morning? Maybe he didn't go because he was tired from yesterday? Could he not have come because of me? Ughh shut up. He might be married.

I got out of the shower, brushed my teeth, changed clothes and went to sleep.

The next morning. {Friday}

I didn't sleep much. I was thinking about what I should do. I need to change. It's for my own good. I deserve to be happy.

I was thinking of contacting my dad in some way. I don't know where he lives. Mum said he found another woman and bought a house. What if this new woman has children and he forgot about me, what then? I don't want to just show up at his house. What will I say? Hey, remember me from about 10 years ago, yeah I'm your daughter, surprise! Oh, I can live with you? Thank you!

Why do I keep talking to myself????

I got dressed and went downstairs. My mother, as always, was passed out on the couch. To my surprise, a man was in the kitchen.

"Hey, good morning" he chugged down a glass of water.

"Good morning. Uh- so I have to go to school but when she wakes up, if you are thinking of staying, give her these pills" I gave him two pills.

"Yes madam. Nice meeting you. I didn't even know she had a daughter." he smiled.

"Well now you know." I laughed and he did as well.

He seems okay.

I went on the bench after school as I did yesterday. I put on my music and began to draw.

"I see you've missed me. Or? What are you doing here?" I heard someone say next to me.

{A/N: thank you for reading.♥}