XVIII ~ W E T

I had to wait outside the hotel room since Gerard took the key card from me. When he had finally caught up, he squeezed between me and the door to swipe the key and open the door. Disappointment crossed his face when he looked at the room.

"Two beds?" He pouted, throwing his stuff on one.

"Yes, two beds. One for me, one for you." I answered as I grabbed my bag and put it on the other bed. Gerard sat on his and frowned at me. I glared at him.

"Why are you like this?" 

"What do you mean?" Gerard tilted his head like a puppy.

"One minute you're pinning me in the corner trying to kiss me, the next you're all pouty cause you don't get to sleep in the same bed as me." 

Gerard laid back in his bed and folded his arms under his head, "I've got different sides to me babe. Some are lovey, some are cuddly." 

"And what are the others?" I raised an eyebrow, curious at this little game hes playing. Gerard sat up and looked me dead in the eye.

"Let's just say that you should hope you never see the other side of me. You wouldn't like it." Gerard said in all seriousness. Something about his tone made a pit of anxiety form in my stomach. As soon as the moment was over, Gerard turned over on his side and pulled out his phone. I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom. I didn't have to go, I just wanted a second to myself.

Looking into the mirror, I noticed how stressed I really looked. My face had tired painted all across it, and my eyes looked dull. This whole excursion with Gerard really is taking a toll on me. I ran the cold water from the sink and splashed some on my face. When I looked back up in the mirror, something just snapped in me, causing tears to run down my cheeks. 

My legs failed to support me as I slid down the wall and sat on the ground. I tucked my knees closer to my chest and buried my head between them. My arms wrapped around my body in attempts to hold myself. More tears streamed from my eyes as I choked on sobs. It grew harder and harder to hold in the noises that wanted to come from deep down.

Gerard's POV

I had been texting Frank about my arrival. I told him that we'd be there in a day or two depending on stops. He said that Mikey was still being held captive and that his captors were becoming impatient. I needed to get there soon, or else he might not be alive by the time I arrive.

A paper on the nightstand caught my attention, reading about a pool on the roof. That might be nice. 

I got up to stretch and noticed a faint sound coming from the bathroom. Curious, I made my way over to the door. The sound became louder the closer I got. Once I was directly outside of it, I realized it was...crying? I could hear y/n's soft voice crying on the other side of the door.

"Y/n?" I knocked on the door. The sound halted for a moment, but y/n failed to keep in the sobs. "Y/n what's wrong?" I tried at the door knob, but it was locked. Feeling around the threshold, I was able to find a key to unlock it. After I inserted the key, I was able to open to door. 

Y/n was curled against the wall, sobbing into her knees and holding herself. I dropped to my knees and wrapped my arms around her. "Shhh it's okay princess. Tell me what's wrong." I brushed her hair gently with my fingers.

"You! Y-You're what's w-wrong with me!" She fought against my arms but I refused to let go. I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling hurt by what she had said. 

"What did I do to upset you beautiful?" I asked softly. I know that I've done a lot to upset her, but I want to know what is upsetting her the most right now so I can fix it.