Chapter 2

Flashbacks in bold*

--------

Tania was called at the student support office and was expelled for three weeks from university for breaching the community guidelines at the campus. She also had to apologise to Rudaba in person in front of the student support officer and Shahroze who was the student ambassador. She didn't seem guilty for what she did, Rudaba knew and Shahroze did too. But at least they weren't going to see her for three weeks, that was a nice feeling in itself.

Shahroze had gone to attend his class while Rudaba was at the cafeteria due to the gap between her classes. She was working on her laptop when she saw two girls smiling at her from the table next to hers. She smiled back because she somehow had a good feeling about them. The next moment, they came and sat next to her and warmly greeted her.

"Hey, I am Danielle. And she is Bella."

Danielle said introducing herself and the girl next to her to Rudaba.

"Hey. I am Rudaba."

"We saw you in the lecture this morning. You looked disturbed, so we thought we will wait for later. By the way, don't worry about Tania. She failed her first year twice and while her peers are in year three, she is still stuck at first so that tells something."

Danielle said laughing and Rudaba couldn't resist but smile and shook her head.

"So, are you all from New York?"

The conversation flowed, and the three girls just talked and talked and laughed their heads off. The first day may have started tough but it wasn't ending bad as well. She was making friends. She made one in the morning and she made a couple now.

The trio didn't realise that a pair of dark brown pools were staring at them but with a more focus on the girl with the ever so bright smile on her face. The smile he had fallen in love with at the moment he saw it at first. He had come to find her after his class ended to check if she was okay and she looked more than okay. She was getting along with people so instead of interrupting, he smiled and walked off. He was satisfied now. She looked confident and relieved and now so was he after seeing her.

------------

Rudaba had made coffee for her and Shahroze and took it out to the balcony where he was sitting. She found him on the chair placed with the wall, he was sat with his eyes closed and his head leaning against the chair and the wall. Clad in blue jeans, a dark maroon sweater, and with unsettled hair, he looked too handsome for her to not stare at him sitting like that. If he was selflessly in love with her, so was she. She loved him with all her heart and nothing would ever give her the peace and happiness than seeing him well and happy.

"Coffee."

She said softly, and he opened his eyes and sat forward with a smile on his face.

"You looked lost in thoughts?"

"I was actually thinking that maybe we could go to Pakistan during your break from university and meet the family."

"That's a great idea but why all of a sudden? Look if you are still thinking about mum then..."

"No, Rudaba. She understands, I know she does. And to be honest my mum says the same every other day, but I just thought it will be nice to go back and assure them all that we are the end game and we are together, genuine to each other. I get your parents' frustration and concern and they have every right to have that as parents, but our relationship and love is something pure, something honest and something I am proud of. So, I want them to feel the same."