8

AN: Eric looks super hot here^^

Everyone except me and Eric had left the room so I made my way over to him.

He stood near the targets where we had practiced the knife throwing the other day and put some metal boxes on top of a table.

I thought about making conversation but honestly I had no idea what to say to someone like him and he would probably just yell at me anyway so I decided to just stand there and observe. 

He looked up from the box of knives on the table and smirked.

His big boots made a rhythmical noise against the concrete as he walked towards me, solid and regular like a soldier. "Welcome to your punishment, initiate."

I just nodded and waited for him to tell me what to do.

I guess he didn't expect that and his smirk slightly dropped. "What, not in the mood for snide comments today?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "So you can give me another punishment? No, thank you."

"Alright." He smirked while throwing his hands in the air in defense.

"You will clean these and sharpen them afterwards." He pointed towards the knives.

I nodded, grabbed the cloth out of his hand and started cleaning them. Eric was carefully watching over my work the whole time.

"So is this just today?" I asked after a while, breaking the silence.

"No, but your punishment ends when this week is over."

So just today and tomorrow. That's not too bad.

I finished polishing the knives and he inspected them before putting them back to the storage room. Then he came back with two other boxes.

"Now the guns."

I rolled my eyes. I thought I was done. Ugh.

I sighed. "Will you help me?"

As soon as I said that I regretted it but then again he did seem to be in a good mood so maybe..?

He rose his brows at me. "Are you serious?"

Of course he wouldn't.

"Well you have to show me how to do it anyway...and if you help me, we'll finish earlier." I pointed out and for a second he seemed to think about it, then he nodded.

"Alright." He walked over to me and placed a gun in front of me on the table.

He disassembled it quickly but professionally and showed me which parts to clean. I got the hang of it pretty fast and after Eric approved he started cleaning one as well.

"You did really good today." I knew he was referring to the shooting. "It's very rare for a transfer to hit the bulls eye at their first try." His cold gaze was fixed upon the work in front of him as he spoke with a calm and steady voice. 

I looked up at him and that was when our eyes met, this was the first time I had realized how beautiful his eyes actually were. They had a thousand hues of blue touched by the grey of stormy clouds. Until today I had never seen any emotion in them other than contempt.

I realized I was starring at him and quickly averted my gaze while clearing my throat. "Did you?"

He raised his eyebrows at me.

"...hit the bullseye right away, after you transferred."

He looked up from his work and squinted his eyes at me, the tiniest hint of surprise present in his voice. "How do you know I transferred?"